Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Can anyone explain to me what this means?

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I just don't get it. Surely they're not saying the bed is nearly 4 feet from the wheels back with the tailgate up, right? Just looking at the picks it looks like 2 feet or less. I'm confused ?.
I was confused by that as well. The only thing that made sense to me is that it was a typo and the 45.5” was the distance from the back of the wheel well to the end of the bed when the tailgate is down vs. up.
Sponsored

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

Does anyone have a good understanding of how the load bearing panel they covers the tailgate gap fold up with the tailgate? I am struggling to envision it.
I saw it at the LA auto show and If remember correctly considering it was years ago it kind of slides up the tail gate...

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
Well, the "110V outlets" (which are obviously 120V, grrr) are described as "15 amp" plugs. So maybe they have an 1,800 watt inverter? If so, great. but I suspect this is another marketing flub and they just mean the plugs are the type of plugs that you use at home which at home can supply 15A, but in the truck, some lower wattage.

At this rate, we'll have to wait until someone plugs in a hair dryer into the plug and reports back what happens ?
Considering that the inverter will be able to power the 2-burner induction cooktop that's part of the camp kitchen, I'm reasonably confident the inverter will be good for the full 15A/1800W.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
No price on the air compressor accessory kit - that’s not comforting.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
No price on the air compressor accessory kit - that’s not comforting.
It's a simple hose and some connectors so... $2,500?

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
Just curious, we wanted info and they delivered on another Friday with promises for next week. And we are upset with what they delivered?
Can we acknowledge they won’t answer every single minutia detail of your specific use case?
I guess I’m not a user that needs all this details. I can haul wood, fit a snowboard or two, and have a frunk that has tons of options.

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

Just what does this mean? Is this NOT a power tailgate?? "The R1T tailgate opens automatically and can be controlled through the app, fob, in-vehicle controls or a button on the bed rail."
Like a non-automatic trunk, the typical trunk popper, but in this case without the gas-assisted struts. Gravity does most of the work(torque) I imagine.

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
Like a non-automatic trunk, the typical trunk popper, but in this case without the gas-assisted struts. Gravity does most of the work(torque) I imagine.
Yeah, but it’s surely got something to slow its drop. F-Series does this, Silverado too I think.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, but it’s surely got something to slow its drop. F-Series does this, Silverado too I think.
Yep. It's just a damper. Several lot of trucks do, even with fully manual tailgates.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Just curious, we wanted info and they delivered on another Friday with promises for next week. And we are upset with what they delivered?
Can we acknowledge they won’t answer every single minutia detail of your specific use case?
I guess I’m not a user that needs all this details. I can haul wood, fit a snowboard or two, and have a frunk that has tons of options.
I was pleased with today’s content. Nothing earth shattering, but I didn’t get the sense they were trying to hide anything either.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

The hinge is probably spring loaded to keep the upper end of the panel pressed against the tailgate when the tailgate is closed.
That’s exactly how the tailgate bridge piece on our Land Rover works. It’s simple and works well.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Does that increase just reflect the use of the 20" AT tires as opposed to the standard 21" AS tires? I think the minimum height is a little higher too.
I agree. The 20" tires have a larger diameter, so ground clearance would naturally be slightly higher compared to equipping 21/22" options.

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
They increased available ground clearance from 14.5" to 14.9" which I believe is a pretty sweet increase!!!
Aka "we measured in a different spot"
Sponsored