Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Wonder how the dogs got in the back. That lift gate looks pretty tall relative to the ground for even a 45-60 lb dog.
Even on low mode some assistance will be need Id imagine.
I've mentioned them in other threads, but I've been really happy with these folding steps: https://www.chewy.com/range-kleen-foldable-dog-car-stairs/dp/206092

It took a little training for our 80-lb dog to learn to where to put her feet, but it wasn't anything some bits of hotdog couldn't take care of!
Sponsored

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
Now I get why I cannot get an update on my Launch edition R1S. all of the brilliant minds were working on getting this stupid content out. Great idea, create more desire, yet once you get orders forget about those customers. Brilliant business plan. Guess you can fool people once and be cool with it.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
weird that the measurement unit is in ijustines. Can someone give me the conversion factor to metric? TIA

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Have we ever seen 320+ miles for the R1S before? I'm guessing that's the super early estimate for a dual motor version?

Rivian R1T R1S Sizing Up the R1S : Official Rivian Feature. Explore our uncompromising sport utility vehicle from every angle. Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 3.29.09 PM

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Did anyone else find this statement interesting? “Climate for the second and third rows of the R1S can be controlled on the display mounted in front of the second row's middle seat.”

I’m inferring that there will be a third zone of climate control for the 2nd and 3rd rows based on that.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Have we ever seen 320+ miles for the R1S before? I'm guessing that's the super early estimate for a dual motor version?

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 3.29.09 PM.png
Yes, and yes.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did anyone else find this statement interesting? “Climate for the second and third rows of the R1S can be controlled on the display mounted in front of the second row's middle seat.”

I’m inferring that there will be a third zone of climate control for the 2nd and 3rd rows based on that.
I wouldn't bet on it. Seems like dual zone (Left and Right) are all that there will be, just like in the R1T.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I wouldn't bet on it. Seems like dual zone (Left and Right) are all that there will be, just like in the R1T.
I’m definitely not betting on it! It’s written in such a way that it’s open to interpretation. (Shocking, right? :)) Still, it seems more likely since they seem to be lumping the second and third rows together which makes me hope something is different from the R1T. I hope that we’ll know more next week when the embargo is lifted.

edit: To be clear, I know that the current user guide for software 2022.19.x plainly shows only 2 zones at present, but that doesn’t mean that things can’t change with future software releases, assuming that hardware is already installed and waiting for software to control it.

Last edited:

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 3.29.09 PM.png
Yes, it has that information in the configurator. It was there once they added the dual mode option.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

Argh! Anyone else think they were getting a test drive invite?

Sponsored

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
I’m definitely not betting on it! It’s written in such a way that it’s open to interpretation. (Shocking, right? :)) Still, it seems more likely since they seem to be lumping the second and third rows together which makes me hope something is different from the R1T. I hope that we’ll know more next week when the embargo is lifted.
Yeah, "climate controls" can simply imply vents on/off or basic directional functions.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Wonder how the dogs got in the back. That lift gate looks pretty tall relative to the ground for even a 45-60 lb dog.
My 80lb Berner will happily leap into my R1T rear seats even in "normal" height, which is about where the tailgate should be.

Honestly it's the descent I worry about - for larger breeds the jump can be pretty hard on joints even if they don't seem to mind it. A helping hand or a ramp goes a long way.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm holding out hope as well but...

Rivian R1T R1S Sizing Up the R1S : Official Rivian Feature. Explore our uncompromising sport utility vehicle from every angle. 2022-06-27

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I'm holding out hope as well but...

2022-06-27.png
Sorry, I realized I missed an important part of my thought process and you replied before my edit was in place:

To be clear, I know that the current user guide for software 2022.19.x plainly shows only 2 zones at present, but that doesn’t mean that things can’t change with future software releases, assuming that hardware is already installed and waiting for software to control it.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Sorry, I realized I missed an important part of my thought process and you replied before my edit was in place:

To be clear, I know that the current user guide for software 2022.19.x plainly shows only 2 zones at present, but that doesn’t mean that things can’t change with future software releases, assuming that hardware is already installed and waiting for software to control it.
I don't want to rain on any parades, but I'd bet pretty heavily against this possibility. I think it comes down to a couple of fans, two main ducts, and controllable shutters at each vent. You can easily toggle any area (not just the two zones) with the shutters, but it seems to me that the number of separate temperature zones are a function of the fans + ducts (and ability to blend between the AC and heater core), which implies different hardware upstream of the duct.

For assembly reasons alone, I'd expect the upstream components to be identical to the R1T and force two zones maximum.

Layperson's non-expert opinion, take it or leave it :)
Sponsored