Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I just bought the Iceco GO20 and keep receiving e1 low voltage error. I set it to it's lowest setting for the voltage protection. Using the cigarette lighter plug, which by the way doesn't stay in place very well.

I'm wondering if the cooler is defective or the Rivian just doesn't put out enough voltage.

I plugged the vehicle in, drive about 40 minutes, then locked the vehicle and was away for about an hour. I can't imagine the voltage dropping that low in only an hour, and even if it did wouldn't the high voltage batter charge back up the 12v battery?
Sponsored

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I just bought the Iceco GO20 and keep receiving e1 low voltage error. I set it to it's lowest setting for the voltage protection. Using the cigarette lighter plug, which by the way doesn't stay in place very well.

I'm wondering if the cooler is defective or the Rivian just doesn't put out enough voltage.

I plugged the vehicle in, drive about 40 minutes, then locked the vehicle and was away for about an hour. I can't imagine the voltage dropping that low in only an hour, and even if it did wouldn't the high voltage batter charge back up the 12v battery?
If you download the app you can see what voltage it is pulling, also set the low voltage settings. Secondly if you plug into the 110V outlets if you still get low voltage warnings then you’ve likely got a problem with your fridge.

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

If you download the app you can see what voltage it is pulling, also set the low voltage settings. Secondly if you plug into the 110V outlets if you still get low voltage warnings then you’ve likely got a problem with your fridge.
Unfortunately when it has the E1 error, the app cannot connect. Once the vehicle is woken up, I get the app to connect and it showed 13.2v. I'm wondering if vehicle is sleeping the voltage drops too low and there's no way to completely turn off the voltage protection.

Rivian R1T R1S Sizing it up.. my power cooler arrived.. ICECO GO20 Dual Zone Screenshot_2022-09-25-18-07-29-76_91ec5113c69b66f458120812010cb5b8

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Unfortunately when it has the E1 error, the app cannot connect. Once the vehicle is woken up, I get the app to connect and it showed 13.2v. I'm wondering if vehicle is sleeping the voltage drops too low and there's no way to completely turn off the voltage protection.

Screenshot_2022-09-25-18-07-29-76_91ec5113c69b66f458120812010cb5b8.jpg
Oh. The 12V outlets turn off when the car sleeps, this is by default. You can force them on with camp mode or by turning on the 110 outlets.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
I ordered this, will report back whenever I get it. Figured with the return policy I'd give it a shot.
Bodega 36L 12V/110V Dual Zone Cooler

I bought the same unit when Amazon offered the $80 coupon. We just used it on our Lincoln City, OR to Lake Tahoe getaway. The Bodega worked like a charm, both cooler and freezer, off of the 110V outlet in the bed. I turned off the outlets when charging on the road, and we brought the Bodega inside our motel room, and when "glamping" in our rented Airstream International at Zephyr Cove. I also found a great set of inexpensive straps (no hooks) at Ace Hardware that did an excellent job of holding the Bodega in place with plenty of tension to keep it there.

I consider this to be one of the better all-around camping purchases I have made lately.

*Edit: The only downside (at least for me) is that the app is complete and utter garbage. Wouldn't sync for stink.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DmoranNV2022

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Executive

I bought the same unit when Amazon offered the $80 coupon. We just used it on our Lincoln City, OR to Lake Tahoe getaway. The Bodega worked like a charm, both cooler and freezer, off of the 110V outlet in the bed. I turned off the outlets when charging on the road, and we brought the Bodega inside our motel room, and when "glamping" in our rented Airstream International at Zephyr Cove. I also found a great set of inexpensive straps (no hooks) at Ace Hardware that did an excellent job of holding the Bodega in place with plenty of tension to keep it there.

I consider this to be one of the better all-around camping purchases I have made lately.

*Edit: The only downside (at least for me) is that the app is complete and utter garbage. Wouldn't sync for stink.
How do you turn the 120V on and off? I can’t seem to find it .. been searching my menus…. Thx

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

How do you turn the 120V on and off? I can’t seem to find it .. been searching my menus…. Thx
Either the charging menu or the camping menu.

sac602

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Lexus NX Hybrid
Clubs

I agree. I have this Fridge (bodega 36L) and for how cheap it is, it works great! I took icecream on a road trip. Love having 1/2 fridge and 1/2 freezer (or both either). A bit loud compared to my larger IceCo, but works fine. For me, the app works flawlessly (Samsung 22 Ultra). Love the wheels so it can be rollled into a place. Used in in San Francisco for Fleetweek in condo. straight from car to room. It should fit under tonneau and in frunk (but dont have my R1S to confirm). Hope they keep the wiring in the frunk under the tub to be able to hook up this to a 12v eventually.

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
I agree. I have this Fridge (bodega 36L) and for how cheap it is, it works great! I took icecream on a road trip. Love having 1/2 fridge and 1/2 freezer (or both either). A bit loud compared to my larger IceCo, but works fine. For me, the app works flawlessly (Samsung 22 Ultra). Love the wheels so it can be rollled into a place. Used in in San Francisco for Fleetweek in condo. straight from car to room. It should fit under tonneau and in frunk (but dont have my R1S to confirm). Hope they keep the wiring in the frunk under the tub to be able to hook up this to a 12v eventually.
How does this compare to the ICECO Go 20 this thread is about? I see it's on sale for $279 right now. Does it also fit in the frunk and hook up directly to the 12V? Similar performance?

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
How does this compare to the ICECO Go 20 this thread is about? I see it's on sale for $279 right now. Does it also fit in the frunk and hook up directly to the 12V? Similar performance?
From my experience.... "Yes" to all questions.

Sponsored

sac602

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Lexus NX Hybrid
Clubs

well larger (hence the 36L v 20). I have the Bodega 36L and an Iceco VL45. Iceco is better built fridge, but I think 20L is too small for me (+wife and kid). the Bodega 36L fits in frunk and under tonneau cover (per dimensions) but I dont have a Rivian yet so have not verified. It does work well. I do like the divider (that is removable) so you can have fridge side and freezer. It wont fit in gear tunnel. Like all the fridges, it has both a 12v and 120v adapter, so any of them can be plugged into your car or wall outlet. My Iceco vl45 is quieter, but if its either in frunk or bed of truck, not a big deal. Personally, I would go as big as you can. Its always a good idea to have extra cold beer. For how cheap the bodega is, I think it is a great purchase.

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

sorry if this has been answered, but what was the price with coupon? It says it is $200 off now and was wondering if you got it cheaper and it is just amazon doing their price trickery.

sac602

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Lexus NX Hybrid
Clubs

In June I paid $377 then $90 off the coupon, so about $300 with tax. Amazon.

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I just ordered the Bodega 36L off Amazon for $280 (Black Friday sale). I don’t have the truck yet, but does anyone know if this will fit in the gear tunnel? It’s 14.5” high and 14.2” wide. Thanks

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
well larger (hence the 36L v 20). I have the Bodega 36L and an Iceco VL45. Iceco is better built fridge, but I think 20L is too small for me (+wife and kid). the Bodega 36L fits in frunk and under tonneau cover (per dimensions) but I dont have a Rivian yet so have not verified. It does work well. I do like the divider (that is removable) so you can have fridge side and freezer. It wont fit in gear tunnel. Like all the fridges, it has both a 12v and 120v adapter, so any of them can be plugged into your car or wall outlet. My Iceco vl45 is quieter, but if its either in frunk or bed of truck, not a big deal. Personally, I would go as big as you can. Its always a good idea to have extra cold beer. For how cheap the bodega is, I think it is a great purchase.
Do you/anyone have a picture of how you fit the Bodega 36 in the trunk? I tried putting mine in there and it looked uncomfortably tight. Only if I open the bottom section and put it in tilted on its side did it look ok to attempt to close the frunk lol. I didn’t want to break anything
Sponsored