Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I have the fridge. Fits perfectly in the bed, under the cover. Have not tried in Frunk. Would not expect it to fit.
Pics or it did(n't) happen.
Sponsored

OrthoBlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, X5 PHEV

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
PXL_20220519_202926047.jpg

PXL_20220519_202922378.jpg

At the Bellevue, WA REI. It definitely fits in the frunk. Leaving on a 10 day road trip tomorrow... Do I do it?
If you don't, pick it up for me! I'll want it once my ankle is recovered 😅

(Kidding - don't buy anything on my behalf. But I might swing by if you walk away!)

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

If you don't, pick it up for me! I'll want it once my ankle is recovered 😅

(Kidding - don't buy anything on my behalf. But I might swing by if you walk away!)
I'm long gone, didn't buy it. I got some Danner hiking shoes instead 👍 Go get it!

Sponsored

sac602

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Lexus NX Hybrid
Clubs

My first impressions are very favorable. It has a nice aluminum finish (looks a lot like a tool box if you ask me), seems well built with stainless steel handles, latches, and hinges, and is the largest 12V dual zone cooler I could find that will fit under the R1T tonneau. The app works perfectly and the unit is very responsive to commands entered in the app. This could be important if you have the cooler in the bed while on a road trip.

I have not used it on any road trips yet, but I did a little experiment at home, plugged into 110V AC, to see how well insulated it is. I froze some ice packs on one side at 0 F and put some drinks in the other side at 40 F. I then let it run overnight. In the morning, the ice packs were frozen and the drinks were cold. I then turned off the entire cooler and put the ice packs in with the drinks. The ice packs stayed frozen for 8+ hours (I stopped the test, but they were still frozen) and the compartment with the drinks stayed below 40 F. So, it is very well insulated and keeps things cold even without the compressor running.

I found out that Bodega is manufactured by Alpicool (says it on the box). I don't know much about Alpicool, but their other 12V coolers get good reviews on Amazon.

My only wish to this point is that it were a bit larger than 45Q (more like 60Q) so that I could store food/drinks for my entire family for a long camping trip. However, all of those size coolers are too tall for the frunk, gear tunnel, or bed with tonneau closed. The only exception I have found is the ARB Classic Series II 63Q, but it costs $1382 vs $560 and is single zone.

What are your thoughts?
Still liking this fridge? How is it working in the bed? Still recomend?

sac602

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Lexus NX Hybrid
Clubs

Amazon as this cooler with a $90 coupon today. It looks like it will fit in the frunk....Of note, I have a Iceco VL45 in my 4Runner. Works great for storing leftovers when out / grocery runs / camping, but too large for frunk or under toneau. I have an R1S on reservation, but thinking of switching back to the T. Not sure of Bodega brand, but it is super cheap right now so might be worth trying...
Rivian R1T R1S Sizing it up.. my power cooler arrived.. ICECO GO20 Dual Zone 1654707495157

sac602

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Lexus NX Hybrid
Clubs

Amazon as this cooler with a $90 coupon today. It looks like it will fit in the frunk....Of note, I have a Iceco VL45 in my 4Runner. Works great for storing leftovers when out / grocery runs / camping, but too large for frunk or under toneau. I have an R1S on reservation, but thinking of switching back to the T. Not sure of Bodega brand, but it is super cheap right now so might be worth trying...
1654707495157.png

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

Still liking this fridge? How is it working in the bed? Still recomend?
I do still like it. I've used it on a Costco run and it had no trouble cooling down to the set temp within 10 min of plugging it in. I think the only question left in my mind is how the compressor will hold up in the long-term.

I don't have my R1T yet. So, I have not been able to test it in the bed. I just have it in the back of my SUV for now.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I ordered this, will report back whenever I get it. Figured with the return policy I'd give it a shot.

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

For anyone interested, this fridge is $90 off for Amazon Prime Day today.

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

So I was having issues with my fridge today, the connection was being finicky. I thought it was the external power connection at the fridge, I tried everything to get it working consistently.

Finally I took it apart in my hotel room tonight. It looks like the connection on the inside was a little loose, got hot enough to melt the housing. I’ll throw some electrical tape around it and hopefully that holds until I get home 🤞

Rivian R1T R1S Sizing it up.. my power cooler arrived.. ICECO GO20 Dual Zone 96E8F68C-1B1F-4E16-A889-C5130A2C0D25

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
So I was having issues with my fridge today, the connection was being finicky. I thought it was the external power connection at the fridge, I tried everything to get it working consistently.

Finally I took it apart in my hotel room tonight. It looks like the connection on the inside was a little loose, got hot enough to melt the housing. I’ll throw some electrical tape around it and hopefully that holds until I get home 🤞

96E8F68C-1B1F-4E16-A889-C5130A2C0D25.jpeg
yikes. maybe get some sandpaper or a nail file and scratch the blade surface (or buy dielectric grease) and squeeze the female to shut the gap (so to speak… sorry.)
I think I'll pull my (new in the box) GO20 apart and check those. #QualityAssuranceStartsAtHome : )

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
I ordered this, will report back whenever I get it. Figured with the return policy I'd give it a shot.
How is it working out for you?

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

How is it working out for you?
I think it could be colder but overall working well this weekend. i have only been using it as a fridge though.
Sponsored