Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Which 12v outlets? Did they always turned off/according to the truck being on/off? The consensus was that they were on ALWAYS.
I tried both the cab and the frunk to the same result.
Sponsored

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

I tried both the cab and the frunk to the same result.
It may be worth asking your guide. I thought the 12V outlets were all supposed to stay on. What about the 120V outlets? Do they also turn off when the vehicle is off?

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

It may be worth asking your guide. I thought the 12V outlets were all supposed to stay on. What about the 120V outlets? Do they also turn off when the vehicle is off?
Manual is clear on this, I am sure my guide or support would read whats in the manual and wouldn’t have any further info.

120V outlets do stay on as long as turned on, I have used this when necessary over the last week while on my SW road trip. When I am actively traveling I leave it in 12V and turn off 120V but if I need to leave it while the car is off I plug into the 120V and turn them on.

Rivian R1T R1S Sizing it up.. my power cooler arrived.. ICECO GO20 Dual Zone 1651260332903

HighTimbers

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Defender X, Bentley Bentayga, Porsche
Occupation
Retired
Yea, I wanted that in the Defender but there wasn't one available with that option when I bought and I didn't have time to wait for a new order from the factory before needing to trade my Velar in. Would have been pretty damn cool (har!). Would have been neat if Rivian had done the same in the R1s, but I'll settle for a small cooler in the back seat :)
I have it in my Defender 110X. It is such a nice convenience. I am surprised Rivian didn't include that option in the r1t and the R1S.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I decided to try out the Bodega. Anyone have any experience with this brand? ().
Would love to know your impressions with this one once you've had a chance to play with it!

Sponsored

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

Would love to know your impressions with this one once you've had a chance to play with it!
My first impressions are very favorable. It has a nice aluminum finish (looks a lot like a tool box if you ask me), seems well built with stainless steel handles, latches, and hinges, and is the largest 12V dual zone cooler I could find that will fit under the R1T tonneau. The app works perfectly and the unit is very responsive to commands entered in the app. This could be important if you have the cooler in the bed while on a road trip.

I have not used it on any road trips yet, but I did a little experiment at home, plugged into 110V AC, to see how well insulated it is. I froze some ice packs on one side at 0 F and put some drinks in the other side at 40 F. I then let it run overnight. In the morning, the ice packs were frozen and the drinks were cold. I then turned off the entire cooler and put the ice packs in with the drinks. The ice packs stayed frozen for 8+ hours (I stopped the test, but they were still frozen) and the compartment with the drinks stayed below 40 F. So, it is very well insulated and keeps things cold even without the compressor running.

I found out that Bodega is manufactured by Alpicool (says it on the box). I don't know much about Alpicool, but their other 12V coolers get good reviews on Amazon.

My only wish to this point is that it were a bit larger than 45Q (more like 60Q) so that I could store food/drinks for my entire family for a long camping trip. However, all of those size coolers are too tall for the frunk, gear tunnel, or bed with tonneau closed. The only exception I have found is the ARB Classic Series II 63Q, but it costs $1382 vs $560 and is single zone.

What are your thoughts?

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
My first impressions are very favorable. It has a nice aluminum finish (looks a lot like a tool box if you ask me), seems well built with stainless steel handles, latches, and hinges, and is the largest 12V dual zone cooler I could find that will fit under the R1T tonneau. The app works perfectly and the unit is very responsive to commands entered in the app. This could be important if you have the cooler in the bed while on a road trip.

I have not used it on any road trips yet, but I did a little experiment at home, plugged into 110V AC, to see how well insulated it is. I froze some ice packs on one side at 0 F and put some drinks in the other side at 40 F. I then let it run overnight. In the morning, the ice packs were frozen and the drinks were cold. I then turned off the entire cooler and put the ice packs in with the drinks. The ice packs stayed frozen for 8+ hours (I stopped the test, but they were still frozen) and the compartment with the drinks stayed below 40 F. So, it is very well insulated and keeps things cold even without the compressor running.

I found out that Bodega is manufactured by Alpicool (says it on the box). I don't know much about Alpicool, but their other 12V coolers get good reviews on Amazon.

My only wish to this point is that it were a bit larger than 45Q (more like 60Q) so that I could store food/drinks for my entire family for a long camping trip. However, all of those size coolers are too tall for the frunk, gear tunnel, or bed with tonneau closed. The only exception I have found is the ARB Classic Series II 63Q, but it costs $1382 vs $560 and is single zone.

What are your thoughts?
Thanks for the writeup! Sounds like an awesome option for the bed.

rosspa2

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ipace
There is a bit of talk in this thread about heat and I thought I would mention that I just did my first drive event, which was terrible since the wait is now harder and I have a yellow R1T on order which is supposed to be here by Christmas but not sure which year now, but I digress.

What I noticed is that the front wall of the frunk was warm, I think this is where the radiator is so it is likely this will add some additional heat as well, just an observation, something worth noting though.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
One note, you get freezing, but can you set both compartments to "cool" and not freeze? I much more frequently need cold, not frozen. Some have removable dividers.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Just don't want anything from China.......I'll go off shore, just not that shore.
Better not buy any consumer electronics, or a rivian with wheels on it or, or, or….

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Hey all,

Amazon delivered my ICECO GO20 Dual Zone cooler this morning. Thought I would post some photos.

It’s not the largest cooler/refrigerator/freezer but it fits in the gear tunnel or the front trunk. Will add more details as I try it out.

First test and experience. Plugged into the house via 110. Set the freezer side to 0 and the other side to 35. Took about 30 minutes to get to temp. Then I put a cup of water in both sides (~50-60 starting temp) and after 1 hour the cup on the freezer side was starting to freeze and the cup on the fridge side was around 40-45 degrees. Overall seems to cool well.

Also the app is ok, very basic but you can control the temp settings and monitor the temp. One other note regarding the included cords, kinda odd but to use the AC adapter you have to use both cables, the DC cable plugs into the cooler and then to the AC cable to the wall.

Energy Draw Test with compressor on:
33W with DC power
41W with AC power

B55C3C30-9CF2-4EE3-8C86-3CEE5537C497.jpeg

8E9D5065-9010-4171-9060-716F28ABFF52.jpeg

CBECF39A-12CD-439A-9949-EF79019A53A4.jpeg

87051FF3-7E77-4410-818C-CCCB8272FF82.jpeg

AFCC0C9D-FBCD-435A-9ED9-A87C161F3B74.jpeg

CFFA473A-D95E-4BD7-8F73-0D528C9538A7.jpeg

1BFA2C91-15A5-4424-BF3D-6E48C930B61B.jpeg
Went ahead and ordered this thanks cant wait for it to go in the Rivian.

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

PXL_20220519_202926047.jpg

PXL_20220519_202922378.jpg

At the Bellevue, WA REI. It definitely fits in the frunk. Leaving on a 10 day road trip tomorrow... Do I do it?
Are you sure it fits in the frunk. At 16" I think it is too tall?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Ugh you're right, the frunk looks so big though! Good thing I haven't got the truck back yet, waiting on alignment repair.

OrthoBlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, X5 PHEV
I have the fridge. Fits perfectly in the bed, under the cover. Have not tried in Frunk. Would not expect it to fit.
Sponsored