Sponsored

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
That'd be great! Would love to hear your experiences!
it fits - looks like it’s too tall (the bottom shelf has an indent that prevents the cooler from laying flat) but the hood closes no problem.
Sponsored

trmaier

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro Hybrid, R1T El Cap, BM
Clubs

it fits - looks like it’s too tall (the bottom shelf has an indent that prevents the cooler from laying flat) but the hood closes no problem.
That's great! Makes sense. Thanks for the feedback!

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Thank you, I've been eyeing that one.

Does anyone have experience with this? Good price, good size, sketchy reviews for a mini fridge.

Euhomy 12 Volt Refrigerators, 25Liter(27qt) RV Refrigerator with 12/24V DC & 110-240V AC, Portable Refrigerator Freezer Fridge Cooler For Car, RV, Camping, Travel, Fishing, Outdoor Use.
Did you end up buying this? Its 20% off for Prime Day and I'm tempted. Thanks!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BZ4456PL/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

1650427691998.png

The 12V outlets appear to be always on and the 120V are on when turned on from the menu.
Did the "12V always on" condition change? My new fridge turns off about 5 seconds after closing the frunk. The lights shut off right when it closes, then the DC power gets cut shortly after. I pressed the open button about 10 seconds later and first press woke it up, to which the fridge turned back on. Second press, it opened.

Sponsored

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Did the "12V always on" condition change? My new fridge turns off about 5 seconds after closing the frunk. The lights shut off right when it closes, then the DC power gets cut shortly after. I pressed the open button about 10 seconds later and first press woke it up, to which the fridge turned back on. Second press, it opened.
Hmmm don't love that. Happy it fits though, guess I should have ordered the larger one. I opted for the small since I just need it to transport pints of ice cream 99% of the time :)

Also I forgot my friend gifted me this fridge 2 days before I ordered the euhomy one

Rivian R1T R1S Sizing it up.. my power cooler arrived.. ICECO GO20 Dual Zone PXL_20230716_030513868.MP

sac602

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Lexus NX Hybrid
Clubs

Myricky

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
My preferred set up with the go20 and the r1t (if you are willing to give up 1 passenger space in back) is to fold down the back seat on passenger side, the go20 fits nicely on top of the woofer area under the seat and is held snugly in place by the back of the seat and a tool bag or some other object. Easy to access. Run it off the AC 120 in back seat area (do not put load and wear down 12 volt system).

Last edited:

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Run it off the AC 120 in back seat area (do not put load and wear down 12 volt system).
By running the 120V inverter you're chewing up the main pack to a higher degree than the 50W operating load of the fridge. I bought a 250 Wh battery pack that I plug the fridge and other devices into and then charge that battery off the 12V, which only operates when the truck is on. That way I get around a 4-6 hour buffer from the battery where the truck doesn't have to provide anything if I don't want to leave the outlets on. The battery pack can also be run off 120V indoors or in the truck if I want.

Myricky

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
By running the 120V inverter you're chewing up the main pack to a higher degree than the 50W operating load of the fridge. I bought a 250 Wh battery pack that I plug the fridge and other devices into and then charge that battery off the 12V, which only operates when the truck is on. That way I get around a 4-6 hour buffer from the battery where the truck doesn't have to provide anything if I don't want to leave the outlets on. The battery pack can also be run off 120V indoors or in the truck if I want.
Thank you for this. Could you explain more why you prefer drawing from the 12V system versus the 120V system to power the fridge. With all the complaints and worries about the 12V system going dead, I thought it would be preferred to draw from the big battery that powers the car using the on board inverter rather than the 12v batteries.
Sponsored

Last edited: