First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
I think it could be colder but overall working well this weekend. i have only been using it as a fridge though.
Where are you plugging it in? Frunk; Gear Tunnel; Bed?
Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I think it could be colder but overall working well this weekend. i have only been using it as a fridge though.
Is it keeping the promised temps????

Sponsored

Horseytime

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LA Silver 20" AT- Launch Edition
I have the same unit. Enjoying it. Indeed very tight in gear tunnel, yet, doable. I keep it in the frunk mostly.

If it's just me driving far, I put it behind the passenger seat on the floor. So I can stop and reach it easily from my seat.

It holds temp quite well. Haven't had any issues.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

No Rivian yet, but I just used the Iceco GO20 on a trip to Ouray, CO with my 4Runner recently. I used a small Lithium battery pack to power the fridge with the battery charging off the 4Runner while it was running. Worked well and seemed to maintain temperature reasonably well. My only real complaint is that I got a lot of condensation on the inside walls of the fridge, but not so much that it pooled at the bottom or anything. Used it for 5 days on this trip, but a bunch of testing at the house beforehand.

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
The driver’s side seat cushion folds up to expose what could be a storage area. I am wondering what are the dimensions of the under seat area, not the storage compartment, itself? I would hope to be stashing my Dometic fridge in this location. I realize I would have to make a platform for it. The fridge is approximately 27.24 (long)x15.67” (wide). TIA.

Sponsored

KurticusRex

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD Sport
Occupation
Enterprise Transformation
Pros and cons of using 12V vs 120?
12v dc is a little more efficient than AC. When using AC to power you have to use the AC to DC charger converter which results in less efficiently due to the AC charger heat loss (converting AC to DC).

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
I run my Dometic off a 12v cigarette lighter type plug. It sips power! Easily capable running 48 hours or more without starting my car. I do use an AGM deep cycle battery.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

So now that I have my R1T I put my Iceco 20 "ordered moths ago" in the fruck the 12v dies after it locks is there a way to keep that on? Should I add a 12v constant outlet to the batteries, would it know to charge the 12v while the truck is off? Or should I add a battery to the frunk that charges off the 12v and powers the fridge?

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

So now that I have my R1T I put my Iceco 20 "ordered moths ago" in the fruck the 12v dies after it locks is there a way to keep that on? Should I add a 12v constant outlet to the batteries, would it know to charge the 12v while the truck is off? Or should I add a battery to the frunk that charges off the 12v and powers the fridge?
I know @kylealden has an intermediate battery that he uses that is kept charged while the car is on.

Other options:

- Use camp mode to keep the 12v outlets on, this obviously will have overhead energy use
- Turn on the 110V outlets, as I understand but have not confirmed, the 12V stays on in that case. This also has a significant overhead energy use but not sure if it is more or less than camp mode.
- Just use 110V but this is probably the worst option.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I may look into the intermediate battery just feels silly to add more batteries to this truck.
Sponsored