Sponsored

Sitting Level when off

Do you want the ability to manipulate suspension variation from front to rear for off/on via a GUI?

• Total voters

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
There is a large industry within the ICE pickup community for making leveling kits for 4WD pickups. Reason: OEM seems to always make the front sit lower than the rear by maybe 1 to 2 inches. Personally, hate that unlevel look. Does the R1T sit level or is it lower in front? If not level, would you want some software function/ability to manipulate level? The ability to manipulate the R1T suspension by a GUI seems like it could go to the extremes, but it could also be useful/fun...ie Bed fills with water from a Hurricane...raise the front to drain the rain....Thoughts?
Dirty_B
Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
This is a deeply confusing poll šŸ˜‚ but yes I would like to be able to enable self-leveling when parked if it is not automatic. My understanding is that it's at least somewhat automatic now (maybe tied to drive modes and maybe one-time rather than continuous).

I think manual manipulation is an unnecessary complexity. You can already disable self-leveling with the tire change mode, I can't really think of any other real world scenarios.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I just want a gravity level mode for rooftop tenting.

chrismc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Maybe an unpopular solution, but in the unlikely event the bed filled with water from a hurricane Iā€™d just park it pointed up a hill.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Long ago, rivian told me the R1 will self-level when parked... hopefully it gets turned on eventually

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, it'd be nice for the compressor to not turn on at all while snoozing under the stars.
If your air suspension isnā€™t holding height while parked for a few hours, let alone a week or threeā€¦somethingā€™s wrong

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Long ago, rivian told me the R1 will self-level when parked... hopefully it gets turned on eventually
It does already. Not to the extent you would want when overlanding, but it should be enough for car camping.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Well, it'd be nice for the compressor to not turn on at all while snoozing under the stars.
It turns on for the sake of keeping the suspension happy or to keep the pressure built to what you have it set to?
Sponsored