Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Our R1T, Sir Pentinite, helped us move some tree trimmings to a draw on our conservation land to create some habitat for the wildlife. Easy peasy with the Rivian. Look at that beautiful sky!! E. Washington State.
Rivian R1T R1S Sir Pentinite Working on Our Conservation Ground 20230509_143516
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Beautiful!

What is the story behind the ”Sir Pentinite” name?

OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Beautiful!

What is the story behind the ”Sir Pentinite” name?
Serpentinite (thus Sir Pentinite) is a beautiful green rock, often shiny. The color is so similar to Launch Green that I had to name my Riv after it. We went up in the mountains here in Washington and found a nice sample that matches...rock on hood in photo. 😁

Rivian R1T R1S Sir Pentinite Working on Our Conservation Ground 1683680990225

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Serpentinite (thus Sir Pentinite) is a beautiful green rock, often shiny. The color is so similar to Launch Green that I had to name my Riv after it. We went up in the mountains here in Washington and found a nice sample that matches...rock on hood in photo. 😁

1683680990225.png
I love it!

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T

1683680990225.png
Very cool!

I have to say though, the placement of that rock is making me sweat a little. :whew:

Sponsored

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

1683680990225.png
That is fantastic. Good name.

State11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Defender D90
Very cool!

I have to say though, the placement of that rock is making me sweat a little. :whew:
I'm typically not super anal about cars, but that was my exact thought! Please tell us there is a coaster under there!

Ok, under further inspection, I think there is. Still, I'm not comfortable with the photo at all.

JohnB R1T

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Certified Public Accountant
"Creating a habitat for wildlife"...I'll have to remember that. Around here we call it "dumping brush in a wash". The difference being, on anything other than your own land, the latter activity could result in a hefty fine. :CWL:

OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
I'm typically not super anal about cars, but that was my exact thought! Please tell us there is a coaster under there!

Ok, under further inspection, I think there is. Still, I'm not comfortable with the photo at all.
😊 Yes, there is a "coaster" under that rock. I was very careful placing it there.

OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
"Creating a habitat for wildlife"...I'll have to remember that. Around here we call it "dumping brush in a wash". The difference being, on anything other than your own land, the latter activity could result in a hefty fine. :CWL:
😂 Yes, I get your point, and a hefty fine would also be given here for illegal dumping. But, this is our land and it is amazing how wildlife use these piles out here in the wide-open grassland/sage habitats. Birds, rabbits, badgers, coyotes, weasels, etc. use them. The deer even bed down next to them for a little shade at times. This is wheat country, so mostly treeless farmed ground. Pockets of conservation ground, like ours, is the only refuge for wildlife. We also put up tall branches out there to serve as perches for hawks and other birds and they use them constantly year-round . It's sort of like, "build it and they will come" and they do. 😉

Sponsored

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
Very nice...What part of Eastern Washington? I was born in W2, raised in Western Washington and spend 6 years in Pullman.

:)

OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Very nice...What part of Eastern Washington? I was born in W2, raised in Western Washington and spend 6 years in Pullman.

:)
Ritzville. I was in Pullman for 5 years. That's where I fell in love with WA and decided I must stay here. 😊
Sponsored