First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 BMW i3 BEV, 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG
Occupation
Business Owner
Just returned from a short trip on a secondary highway. The R1Ts cruise control system (V2022.27.2) is intervening way to much. The truck brakes hard when there are cars parked along the highway and cars pulling out (even if I change lanes) or crossing the road ahead of me. I find it a safety hazard. Can we get a “basic” version of cruise control, or do I have to turn off all of the nannys. I’ve already disable lane keep assist due to its overly aggressive intervention on windy roads. (Pic for attention).
Rivian R1T R1S Simpler Cruise Control? 5C73FB9B-4B4B-4868-8C28-1516BE837A78
Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

I’d be happy if they just added “Resume”. I’ve raised the phantom braking issue a number of times, I’m told they’re iterating toward improving it.

One thing you can do is, next time you have a phantom braking event, tap your 4-way flashers and make a note of the approximate time. Then open a case & mention you hit the 4-ways at whatever time it was. The engineers have been using the “4-way tap” as a way to help pinpoint where spurious events show up in the logs.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

I’ve had phantom braking every time I use ACC. They really need to address it or just implement a radar-only version.

coshesey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Director Home Services
I find it does the phantom brake at about the same rate as our Tesla does. My wife hates it. I like the adrenaline rush... :cool:

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
I'm old, I don't want any automatic driving features. A simple set-the-speed cruise control would be all I'd want, and even then, I haven't used cruise control in years on any of my vehicles.

Sponsored

Olsonsolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt - R1T on preorder
Occupation
enjoying life
How is it even possible Rivian did not design this vehicle with normal cruise control? This is one function I use at some point nearly every time I drive.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I really don't understand why they haven't added regular-ass cruise control as an available option yet. They already have it in the software in towing mode. But for all the folks talking about losing ACC while driving into the sun or due to rain or anything that occludes the camera view, why not just make it an option in the menu or something. Hope they give the option soon.

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
Ford screwed it up back in the day, and only had "adaptive" when it first came out but my wife's Bronco now let's us choose. I only like adaptive in rush hour or road work areas.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

How is it even possible Rivian did not design this vehicle with normal cruise control? This is one function I use at some point nearly every time I drive.
It's there, there is just no way to engage it without both being in tow mode and having something electrical connected to the trailer wiring plug.

Olsonsolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt - R1T on preorder
Occupation
enjoying life
How in the hell can they not have basic cruise control?

Sponsored

Jhawk

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Highlander, Tundra
Occupation
Marketing
Just got home from a ~500mi rountrip weekend trip that we make regularly. I had multiple issues with ACC disengaging due to the front camera being “blocked”. Extremely frustrating when there isn’t a regular cruise back up. I hope they address it quickly.
Sponsored