Sponsored

Side View Mirrors - Title Down in Reverse

• Thread starter Deleted member 1377
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Deleted member 1377

Yes, not a major concern. However, I have had this feature for 10 years and find it indispensable when backing into a parking space. Even better than the back up camera.

Has there been any indication this will be a Rivian feature?
Sponsored

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
Yes, not a major concern. However, I have had this feature for 10 years and find it indispensable when backing into a parking space. Even better than the back up camera.

Has there been any indication this will be a Rivian feature?
I don't know, but almost every car has that feature, so my guess is so will Rivian.

Personally I stopped using this feature when cars started having 360 view cameras.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I hope so.

Even with 360 degree camera, it’s useful to see the “real” position of your back wheel — especially when parallel parking or backing into a parking spot adjacent to a curb.

We still don’t have confirmation that Rivian will have 360 degree backup camera view, for that matter. Tesla still doesn’t!

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
We still don’t have confirmation that Rivian will have 360 degree backup camera view, for that matter. Tesla still doesn’t!
This is probably the only deal breaker I have at the moment regarding features.
I'm however very optimistic Rivian will have it. On the video with Georgia's politician, when he asks about the backup camera, you can hear Rivian's representative saying it will have 360 birds eye view.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
This is probably the only deal breaker I have at the moment regarding features.
I'm however very optimistic Rivian will have it. On the video with Georgia's politician, when he asks about the backup camera, you can hear Rivian's representative saying it will have 360 birds eye view.
Reading through these posts I have come to the conclusion I’m in the minority here. For me there are no deal breakers, when my number is called, I’ll write the check for the R1S.

This LE is only 4K more than I paid for a Tesla Model S 5 years ago that has rear wheel drive and a 75kw battery. I have no doubt based on what I’ve seen and heard that the bones of this vehicle are going to be incredible. All of the other things for me are frills that would be great if they are there but nothing I really need.

Just the size and capabilities of this SUV will fit my needs at what seems like a bargain and will allow me to leave the ICE vehicles parked even longer.

Sponsored

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Reading through these posts I have come to the conclusion I’m in the minority here. For me there are no deal breakers, when my number is called, I’ll write the check for the R1S.

This LE is only 4K more than I paid for a Tesla Model S 5 years ago that has rear wheel drive and a 75kw battery. I have no doubt based on what I’ve seen and heard that the bones of this vehicle are going to be incredible. All of the other things for me are frills that would be great if they are there but nothing I really need.

Just the size and capabilities of this SUV will fit my needs at what seems like a bargain and will allow me to leave the ICE vehicles parked even longer.
Well said. Solid with low expectations resting on good ”bones”. Unveiling soon.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
That's an interesting feature that I've tried & ended up turning off. I found that I want a standard view while backing the majority of the time. When I do want to see lines or curbs, I just sit up a bit further.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
That's an interesting feature that I've tried & ended up turning off. I found that I want a standard view while backing the majority of the time. When I do want to see lines or curbs, I just sit up a bit further.
Same. Thought I'd like it on my xc60, but I hate it.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

I enjoy that feature on my MS. There is NOTHING worse than CURB rash on a nice set of 21" black turbine Tesla wheels. Part of my reverse profile is tilting the mirrors almost all the way down so I can get as close as possible to the curb without hitting it. I use the backup cam and the 2 front quarter panel cams to ensure I don't hit anything else in the process.
Sponsored