First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Touareg TDI, 2023 GMC Sierra, 2007 911 Turbo
Occupation
IT
I reached out to Rivian CS to inquire about the possibility of physically viewing an R1T and R1S in an effort to determine which one will work for our family. Unfortunately they don't have that in place or even in the works.....which leads to my post here.

I placed a reservation on an R1S in June 2022 and have a 2033 delivery date ;) . We went with the S because we didn't feel the T would fit the 2 kids and pup in the back comfortably, but after finally seeing a T in a mall parking lot it appeared to be bigger than I had thought. Personally I would get more use out of the T and would prefer it over the S, but the wife not so much. Apparently we need 3 rows of seating to haul the 3rd and 4th kid that we don't have.... Anyway, my question to you all is whether or not existing Rivian T or S owners would be willing to meet with reservation holders to do a demo on the truck. Check fitment, size, visuals/blind spots, etc. Whether it be at a big box store parking lot, cars and coffee, local downtown, or even a police station lot for piece of mind. If anyone is willing to meet up and spend 15-30 mins to review the S/T and let me check it out I'd be happy to buy the coffee! I'm in Morris County, NJ but I'm willing to drive a bit. Much appreciated!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Raffro

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Crickets huh?

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

As someone who just got the R1T, without kids or a dog, I would say go with the R1S if you plan on having everyone in the vehicle. If it was just two kids, or one kid and one dog, the R1T would probably be fine. It all depends on how often you think everyone will be in the vehicle, and for how long. I also think the middle row in the R1S has more room than the rear of the R1T, which may make a difference as the kids age/grow, which may or may not matter depending on how tall they get, or how long you plan on owning it. And if you and your wife plan on having more kids, the R1S is more suited, unless you have another car that is the designated family hauler.

Karen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
64c.impala, 75mgb, 93D.Dakota, 00Jeep,14 QX70,22R1
Clubs

Crickets huh?
I waited to see if anyone closer to you offered. If you'd like to come to the Lehigh Valley (off 78), private message me.

OP
OP

Raffro

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Thank you Karen. I've had a few messages exchanged with others but will reach out if nothing materializes. Greatly appreciate the offer.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Raffro

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
As someone who just got the R1T, without kids or a dog, I would say go with the R1S if you plan on having everyone in the vehicle. If it was just two kids, or one kid and one dog, the R1T would probably be fine. It all depends on how often you think everyone will be in the vehicle, and for how long. I also think the middle row in the R1S has more room than the rear of the R1T, which may make a difference as the kids age/grow, which may or may not matter depending on how tall they get, or how long you plan on owning it. And if you and your wife plan on having more kids, the R1S is more suited, unless you have another car that is the designated family hauler.
We have a diesel SUV now for long haul trips, but the shorter (sub 200 mile trips) as well as daily commuting would be the major use case for the Rivian. Im also a weekend warrior with home DIY projects, wood splitting, etc. and having a truck would be beneficial. But from a family perspective the S would probably be ideal. Wish I could buy both!!

CJNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Tiguan
I'd be interested in the same type of thing and am in Union county, NJ. Not sure I can make it with kid activities overlapping, but I did find this invite to a Rivian gathering on reddit - 11/19 Zeppelin Hall Biergarten meetup

OP
OP

Raffro

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I met up with Derek yesterday to check out his limestone R1T. He provided great insight into capabilities, driving experience, and other thoughts. The information was invaluable! The back seat has more room than what I thought too. Loved it!

Now would like to check out the R1S.

As for the Reddit meetup, same here with kids events. But I'll keep my eye out for more of these out this way in NJ.

lilbuj

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeepster Commando, Volvo S60R, Suburban
I live In Morris County as well if you are interested in checking out the R1T. Sorry Just saw this post.

superdavePA

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Tesla Y / '22 R1S / Harley Ultra
Occupation
Engineer
Just picked up our R1S this past weekend. Similar to @Karen, live in the Lehigh Valley (i.e. near Allentown, PA). Willing to drive out towards Easton, PA area for a meet. Would go further but getting busy with holiday season!

OP
OP

Raffro

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Thank you both!! And congratulations on the new rigs!!
I'd love to check out the R1S. I drove a T a few weeks back and loved it! As you mentioned it's tough given the time of year. I was going to contact the Rivian center in Brooklyn to see if I can set something up there but if it doesn't work out I'll be in touch. I'm very interested in seeing and driving the S.
Sponsored