Sponsored

Should we just petition to change "Red Canyon" to "Canyon Red"

RforRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner, 2014 Equinox
I would say that over half of the posts/comments that mention "Red Canyon" actually say "Canyon Red". I love the name Red Canyon and I get it, their goal was to create a color meant to "recall a Utah canyon at sunset" but why is it that you have this one name where the color is describing the thing they're trying to represent ("red" describes the "canyon") while all of the other names have an adjective describing the color (Rivian Blue, Compass Yellow, Glacier White, etc.)? It honestly bothers me more that Rivian has this one "backwards" named color than it does that people call it the wrong thing all of the time. Does this bother anyone else or is it just me? I feel like it's just me...
Sponsored

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
Canyon Red sounds cooler. That being said I think the color is actually name after Red Canyon Utah.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Red Canyon refers to a specific place, not just a generic canyon that's red. There are other irregularities with Rivian's naming structure like black being called just Midnight rather than Midnight Black. If we renamed everything based on people mistyping them, we'd have RT1s with Forrest Green interiors.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

I would say that over half of the posts/comments that mention "Red Canyon" actually say "Canyon Red". I love the name Red Canyon and I get it, their goal was to create a color meant to "recall a Utah canyon at sunset" but why is it that you have this one name where the color is describing the thing they're trying to represent ("red" describes the "canyon") while all of the other names have an adjective describing the color (Rivian Blue, Compass Yellow, Glacier White, etc.)? It honestly bothers me more that Rivian has this one "backwards" named color than it does that people call it the wrong thing all of the time. Does this bother anyone else or is it just me? I feel like it's just me...
I think you're suffering from a slow day and have too much time on your hands :)

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

So since it is named after a specific place, the full name is Red Canyon Red. I'll be using that from now on!

Sponsored

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
So since it is named after a specific place, the full name is Red Canyon Red. I'll be using that from now on!
Rivian AP, 20" RCR, OC. I like it

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Does this mean I’m actually getting forest green green?

lmr

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat B7, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Technical Product Management
Clubs

Volkswagen already has a Canyon Red color in their portfolio, so its unlikely that Rivian can use the exact name since they are in the same industry, even if the formula for the two colors is different.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
A petition won't do for something as important as this. We need people everywhere to storm the production facility and shut it down until this change is made!

Also, all canyon red orders in line ahead of my orders should cancel their orders in protest.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I'm glad this conclave has finally moved on from pointless debates like "are employees customers" to the really important and hard hitting stuff.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

What's next, a petition to rename Rivian to Indian River?

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
I think you're suffering from a slow day and have too much time on your hands :)
I expect a Rivian Stories youtube video on this critical issue.
Sponsored