Sponsored

Should 20" Wheels be the standard wheel included

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
115 load rating is well above the GVWR for the truck. We know GVWR is <9,000 pounds from the VIN filings. 115 load rating would handle 10,716 pounds, which is plenty of buffer. I don’t see how they could claim any sort of issue from using a tire with a load rating that’s at least 1700 lb over the GVWR—and it could easily be 2,000 lbs extra.
You can play with that fire if you'd like.

I will not.

We also don’t really know what rating the OEM tires will have, or what documentation they’ll give on what’s an acceptable rating for replacement tires.
Unless somebody has confirmed that the tire choices have changed from what was firmly established in November, I'm going to assume this Pirelli article is still truth.

Regardless, I would bet a lot of money that says the specs of the OEM tires are *precisely* the required rating for replacement tires.
Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Unless somebody has confirmed that the tire choices have changed from what was firmly established in November, I'm going to assume this Pirelli article is still truth.
I assume that as well, but that article says nothing about load or speed rating.

I will also point out that the non-Rivian specific Scorpion Zero AS in 275/50R22 is an 115H rated tire. Of course it’s entirely possible that the OEM Rivian version is 116H rated, but I won’t be surprised either way.