Sponsored

Shipping time estimates from Normal?

VTR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Congrats on the R1S. I selected a shop vehicle on 7/26 same day as you and still do not have delivery date yet (was told vehicle in transit from factory). We are both Brooklyn, SC so maybe they are prioritizing "S" right now (I have a T).
Thanks. Hopefully you get yours soon. My guide told me that the vehicle is in transit and gave me 2+ weeks but got delivery window email after 3 days. There were few R1Ts in the pre delivery area... lookout for deliver window email.
Sponsored

fr4c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y, Model 3
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Thanks. Hopefully you get yours soon. My guide told me that the vehicle is in transit and gave me 2+ weeks but got delivery window email after 3 days. There were few R1Ts in the pre delivery area... lookout for deliver window email.
Yeah I received an email from my guide on 8/7 saying 2 weeks to Brooklyn, and then a text message from the SC on 8/12 saying the truck is on the way.

Did your online status change, or receive the "Truck is leaving factory" email that people receive? My portal is still saying delivery scheduling soon.

VTR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Yeah I received an email from my guide on 8/7 saying 2 weeks to Brooklyn, and then a text message from the SC on 8/12 saying the truck is on the way.

Did your online status change, or receive the "Truck is leaving factory" email that people receive? My portal is still saying delivery scheduling soon.
No factory/shipping emails. Portal status remained delivery scheduling soon throughout, changed to "Ready for delivery" once I received the delivery window email.

RivianMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S and 2012 BMW 528i
Occupation
Banking
Clubs

I got a text from the South San Francisco SC today saying that my R1S is on the way with a 1 to 3 week estimate before they get it. After a 2 Ā½ year wait, I canā€™t wait to get it! Iā€™m a little bummed on the timingā€¦I go camping the week after Labor Day every year with my brother and 6 friends of ours - weā€˜ve been doing it every year since 1995 - no wives, no kids, just the guys in the woods drinking beer, fishing, hiking, telling the same stories weā€™ve all heard a million times before while sitting around the campfire. I would LOVE to show off my new Rivian on this upcoming trip. Iā€™m either just going to make it, or more likely, Iā€™ll be picking up the R1S right afterwards.

skiborsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TRX, Model X, Bronco
In my case it was apparently a schedule issue. Now scheduled to pick up next Friday instead of the following Tuesday at the earliest.
As an update on this, no delivery last Friday - vehicle was damaged in transit and they're looking for a different one for me since it will take a while to repair. No ETA yet, though.

Sponsored

fr4c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y, Model 3
Occupation
Potato Farmer
To add to my saga, step finally opened up to schedule delivery for this weekend. Texted the SC to confirm this morning and was told there is a glitch and that the vehicle hasn't arrived yet.

mrcippy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Hey hey! Matched with an R1S on Saturday and was told by our guide it would be "as early as the end of September" before it arrived. Yesterday, I emailed the guide to ask about changing the delivery address and was told that since it was already on a train, no changes can be made. I got pretty excited, considering it just has to go from Normal to Denver. I figured it would be a couple of days, maybe a week wait and that the original estimate was underpromising.

But after reading most of this thread, it sure looks like the end of September is an optimistic estimate.

powerplyer

First Name
powerplyer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A8, Audi Q5, Tesla M3 (totaled), Honda DCT.
Occupation
Engineer
DELIVERED - Apologize for the late reply. R1S | Adventure | Limestone | FE Interior | 22" Brights

• Nov - 2021 Pre-Order
  • Jan '24 to Mar '24 --> window provided
  • July 17th, 2024 --> Shop Access
  • July 24th, 2023 --> Found my match, Guide Contact, Contract Signed, and VIN 0097XX assigned. Scheduled pick-up 07/28 locally, 8-step process 80% complete.
  • July 25th, 2023 --> Got e-mail stating VIN change, called guide said the car was in the wrong state, the guide found an exact match and assigned new VIN 158XX with the same configuration from the factory.
  • July 26th, 2023 --> 1st "You're one step Closer" e-mail. Waiting for a website or guide contact on the real delivery date.
  • July 26th, 2023 --> Texted guide and she responded in 2 hours with the second half of Aug delivery estimate
  • July 28th, 2023 --> 2nd " Your R1S Is One Step Closer to Your Driveway" email from Rivian.
  • August 14th, 2023 --> Got a text message from SC that R1S has arrived.
  • August 21st, 2023 --> Went and picked up the R1S in the AM. The process was super simple and only needed to sign one piece of DMV paper. If you have multiple people on the registration during the 8-step process, they need to be present with their license.
  • Aug 22nd, 2023 --> Got windows tinted. 3M Crystalline. 70% windshield, 20% front sides, and 40% on all tinted windows. Left the sunroof.
I have clocked about 600 miles since the 21st.

Pros:
  • This thing is fast and powerful.
  • Super comfortable.
  • Tons of room went on a 4-day camping trip already.
  • Camp Speaker
  • I like the one-paddle drive.
Minor Cons/Annoyance:
  • Capability to listen to own music/podcasts in MP3 or FLAC format. I hope they make one of the USB ports an "input". Currently, I am using my phone but need to look at my phone to change songs. Not optimal or safe.
  • Wind noise, anything over 60mph I am getting sound from the top. I will try the painter's tape trick to see if that is the noise.
  • Rattling from right front and right rear going over rough roads/bumps.
  • Wish they did not remove the 12V from the Frunk and Middle console. One of my USB-C is already used for Gear Guard.
  • SC is slammed, my appointment is not until 12/15.
VIN: PN015XXX

fr4c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y, Model 3
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Finally picked up my R1T from the Brooklyn SC yesterday. Process was very smooth with trade-in and my guide Dennis was wonderful. Had 2 issues with the car that they addressed immediately with the service team on the spot rather than having me schedule a service appointment. Thumbs up all around.

Shop vehicle selection: 7/26
Guide and SC text saying vehicle in transit: 8/12
Vehicle arrived at SC: 9/18
Delivery scheduled: 9/27

Sponsored

Effopec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Got a note on 9/28 to start the 8 step process. Once I filled in the necessary info, which included insurance and payment, I was told that delivery in Dallas should be the week of 10/30. Early last week they pulled the $$ from my account. I'm already paying insurance. And the truck is still 3 weeks out. That's a load of BS. Holding $90K of my money for a month could amount to about $500 in interest. I complained to the delivery person who said they totally understood my concerns. But of course there's nothing he could do about it. When they send out the 8 step letter they should at the very least give an estimate for the delivery timing, and not pull the money until the day of the pickup. This is how you drive customers away.

maclaren4l

First Name
Humor787
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2
Occupation
Engineerd
Got a note on 9/28 to start the 8 step process. Once I filled in the necessary info, which included insurance and payment, I was told that delivery in Dallas should be the week of 10/30. Early last week they pulled the $$ from my account. I'm already paying insurance. And the truck is still 3 weeks out. That's a load of BS. Holding $90K of my money for a month could amount to about $500 in interest. I complained to the delivery person who said they totally understood my concerns. But of course there's nothing he could do about it. When they send out the 8 step letter they should at the very least give an estimate for the delivery timing, and not pull the money until the day of the pickup. This is how you drive customers away.
I dont know at this point you can do much. I got my 8 step notification on 9/27 and did everything but Insurance and Payment, the website told me to do only set of the 8 steps. So not sure who your guide is but you should have been advised not to do the Insurance, Contract and Payment steps. Contact your guide and see if they can do something (likely once the money is sent then not much leverage).
Sponsored