Sponsored

Shipping Cross Country - shipping company recommendations?

TripWir3d

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Military
Has anyone shipped their R1T/S recently? I’m moving to the east coast from Nevada and looking for any recommendations for shipping companies.

Thank you!
Sponsored

s00n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S - Jeep LJ Rubicon - R1S
Whatever you do DO NOT fill out any online forms for any shippers with email/phone. I made that mistake a few months back shipping a Cayenne and got 30-50 calls/day for 2 weeks straight and ~300 emails (they’re all on some kind of National listing)

Great experience with enclosedvehicletransport.com
[email protected]

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Any reason you do not want to drive it?

OP
OP

TripWir3d

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Military
I’m moving the whole family and my wife didn’t want to split into two cars. I don’t think she really wants to drive - she’s more of a co-pilot/snack passer outer/catch all for the kids and dogs on road trips.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

They don't have good Google reviews, but this company is based in suburban Phoenix, so local to me, and not terribly far from Vegas. They ship enclosed. My local Tesla service center recommended them back in the day.

My two experiences with them have been good.

http://www.go2transport.com/

Some pics of when I bought my first Model S way back in 2014.

Rivian R1T R1S Shipping Cross Country - shipping company recommendations? IMG_6231.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Shipping Cross Country - shipping company recommendations? IMG_0012_2
Rivian R1T R1S Shipping Cross Country - shipping company recommendations? IMG_0013_2

Sponsored

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
Whatever you do DO NOT fill out any online forms for any shippers with email/phone. I made that mistake a few months back shipping a Cayenne and got 30-50 calls/day for 2 weeks straight and ~300 emails (they’re all on some kind of National listing)

Great experience with enclosedvehicletransport.com
[email protected]
Correct. The "find a shipper" sites actually increase the cost and they are a nightmare of cold calls and emails.

Your vehicle could end up being moved between multiple trucks, left in a holding yard, delayed till it suits the logistics of a company that could leave your truck and take other vehicles, or not even have frequent service router to your destination, then you end up on the phone with a driver at 2:00am saying he's leaving the vehicle in a hotel parking lot near a freeway off-ramp and the key will be locked inside, etc.

It takes time to call shippers directly and get three bids and find someone ready to move the vehicle when you want it moved and be assured of a delivery window.

Splittle

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
If you're still looking at options, I'd recommend A-1 Auto Transport. Used them in Oct. to ship mine from California to Michigan and didn't have any issues. Pretty sure they operate nationwide so they'd be one option you might want to look at, if only to compare prices to what others are offering.
Sponsored