Shhh...Don’t Tell Anyone the Rain Isn’t *That* Bad

OP
OP

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
I have mixed feelings on the studded tires and I can have the luxury of mixed feelings because I don’t have that overly audible commute you have. But because I live at elevation where we have ice events usually every winter, I see their value.
I personally subscribe to snow tires without studs in respect of preserving the roads since infrastructure rework in OR occurs at a glacial pace.
Sponsored

OP
OP

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
GoWest!,

Great news! I hear Oregon and Washington have earmarked some of the upcoming Federal Stimulus monies to regravel I-5, I-84, and I-90 after the mud dries this Summer! If all goes well, they may pave them in the next few years.
I appreciate your youthful optimism this will occur in the next few years! I’m a realist. I’m just hoping for the numerous potholes to get filled and assuming they’ll spend the rest on bike lanes. Ready for the cyclists to be mad at me but you know it’s true! Pedal on people on your smooth paved roads...just remember to share ?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I have mixed feelings on the studded tires and I can have the luxury of mixed feelings because I don’t have that overly audible commute you have. But because I live at elevation where we have ice events usually every winter, I see their value.
I personally subscribe to snow tires without studs in respect of preserving the roads since infrastructure rework in OR occurs at a glacial pace.
In the future, be careful of using the term, "Glacial Pace". I believe the Oregon Legislature has applied for a trademark of those words to replace the term "Legislative Session". Something to do with their "Promise of Transparency."

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Checking in here from the PNW. Reservation in for a R1S and I’m excitedly awaiting the day when I get to drive a Rivian on our beautiful PNW roads! Clarification: the roads aren’t that great but the scenery is!
Rivian R1T R1S Shhh...Don’t Tell Anyone the Rain Isn’t *That* Bad 1618008877388

Plus...our suspension being as amazing as it appears to be even with our questionable roads...we won't even notice. ;)

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
As recent imports to the PNW, my wife and I have discovered the more questionable the roads, the cooler the hike/paddle/lighthouse/old dam will be.

Sponsored

OP
OP

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
1618008877388.png

Plus...our suspension being as amazing as it appears to be even with our questionable roads...we won't even notice. ;)
Touché! Voila! I finally get to use my kiddo’s middle school French!

OP
OP

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
As recent imports to the PNW, my wife and I have discovered the more questionable the roads, the cooler the hike/paddle/lighthouse/old dam will be.
Yep. It’s so beautiful here! I admit I was amazed by Utah for the first time recently but Oregon is about to go bonkers with springtime bloom. Hold on to your paddle boards and kayaks. There won’t be enough time on the calendar to see everything you want to see!

Note: Make sure to plan accordingly for the places where the forests burned down last year. Those areas and the people who call those forests home have a long journey back and need our support. ?

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
It's amusing to listen to people complain about the roads in the PNW. I'm pretty sure that the pavé cobblestone roads on the hills here in Seattle are smoother than any road in California. Even with an occasional missing brick here or there.
Rivian R1T R1S Shhh...Don’t Tell Anyone the Rain Isn’t *That* Bad IMG_1185

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

It's amusing to listen to people complain about the roads in the PNW. I'm pretty sure that the pavé cobblestone roads on the hills here in Seattle are smoother than any road in California. Even with an occasional missing brick here or there.
IMG_1185.jpg
Are you sure this isn't I-5 Southbound through Portland? Well, at least from a few years ago. After all, this pic still shows some pavement.... Man! Those were the days!

Now people know why Rivian is the Dream Machine of those of us in the Upper Left Corner of the the country. Every day on the road is an Adventure around here!

Hmm... ULCUSA.... Maybe that'll catch on like PNW did. ?

Sponsored

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
Greetings from Samish Island. Moved here about a year ago from Seattle. Absolutely love it here and can't wait to use my new solar to charge the R1T I put down the deposit on last year. Fingers crossed.

Also purchased a Mean Green Rival zero turn lawn mower that will be charged with solar. I'm old but I believe EV is the future. Yes, I have about 3 million miles driving here in the NW on business. so I have put a lot of miles in internal combustion engine vehicles.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Greetings from Samish Island. Moved here about a year ago from Seattle. Absolutely love it here and can't wait to use my new solar to charge the R1T I put down the deposit on last year. Fingers crossed.

Also purchased a Mean Green Rival zero turn lawn mower that will be charged with solar. I'm old but I believe EV is the future. Yes, I have about 3 million miles driving here in the NW on business. so I have put a lot of miles in internal combustion engine vehicles.
Terry,

Welcome to the Forums! It sounds like you've embraced the concepts of EVs and solar pretty significantly. Knowing where Samish Island sits, I'm curious as to how effective solar is there? I'd imagine you have fairly persistent cloud cover for much of the year, or am I off base? Which battery pack are you waiting on?

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
Terry,

Welcome to the Forums! It sounds like you've embraced the concepts of EVs and solar pretty significantly. Knowing where Samish Island sits, I'm curious as to how effective solar is there? I'd imagine you have fairly persistent cloud cover for much of the year, or am I off base? Which battery pack are you waiting on?
Thanks, good to have found this forum after 13 years on the Ridgeline forum, I'm looking forward to learning much from the members here.

Our house was placed on this 3-1/2 acre lot to catch the optimal sun. This past winter we paid out a total of less than $1,000.00 to PSE for electricity for the 3 heating systems and everything electric here. (No propane except for the Mosquito Magnet and the coffee roaster). Nothing left to pay for in the way of utilities except water and garbage. I'm planning for the R1T and the Mean Green Rival to be operated 100 per cent from the solar too.

I'm holding out for the 400 mile battery pack, (if such a thing really exists).

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
IMG_1185.jpg
I lived in France for 4 years where every road was this. I love it to be honest. Supper easy to repair, great when it snowed, and not as rough as you would think.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

That is an astute observation! The Olympic Peninsula is filled with hidden gems that most people drive right past or won't take the time to explore. Sometimes, it's simply because of the road that gets you there. Many can be iffy. And the length of the Cascades has roads that get messed up every Winter. A little patience along those roads less traveled and you will be rewarded.

Can't wait for deliveries/Factory Pickup² Event so we can Discover & Adventure on our backroads.
Sponsored