Sponsored

Sheet goods fitting in R1S

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
I am sure this has been posted somewhere else but i just got confirmation from CS that sheet goods can indeed sit flat in the back of the R1S (albeit with some hanging out) but it solves a big transport question for small amounts of building material (vs. angled, roof rack/tie down, or utility trailer).

Q: what is the max width of the rear opening? i.e. can you fit a sheet good (4 foot wide panel) inside flat and on top of the wheelwell arm rests in the back?"

CS: Yes. The minimum width in the rear cargo of the R1S is about 51 in. so you can definitely fit a 4 foot wide panel in there. The space behind the first row opens up more, between the wheel wells is about 42 in
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I am sure this has been posted somewhere else but i just got confirmation from CS that sheet goods can indeed sit flat in the back of the R1S (albeit with some hanging out) but it solves a big transport question for small amounts of building material (vs. angled, roof rack/tie down, or utility trailer).

Q: what is the max width of the rear opening? i.e. can you fit a sheet good (4 foot wide panel) inside flat and on top of the wheelwell arm rests in the back?"

CS: Yes. The minimum width in the rear cargo of the R1S is about 51 in. so you can definitely fit a 4 foot wide panel in there. The space behind the first row opens up more, between the wheel wells is about 42 in
I think they are mistaken. The specs I got (and even confirmed above) is the minimum is 42.6 inches.

• The cargo width minimum and maximum ranges from 1084-1496 mm. (1084 mm is 42.6 inches)

So between the wheel wells is not wide enough. If you do not mind it being at an angle it will probably be OK but will not lay flat unless you used a raised platform.

OP
OP

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Yeah, my apologies, I should have clarified. Based on some measurements I took at the vehicle demo in the bay area, (which was admittedly still an early prototype), I was worried it wouldn't fit through the hatch opening at all, except at an extreme roll angle but it sounds like it will go in flat (with respect to roll) and then rest on top of the wheelwells at a pitch angle, which is a relief. looking forward to seeing the actual vehicles out and about later this year.
Sponsored