First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Yes, I look goofy in this thumbnail image (or so says my wife) - but hey the morning sun was blasting in my eyes!

Double surprise at our Service Center visit yesterday. Not only were there seven R1Ss, but there was an R1T with the new Ocean Coast interior. So that tells me things are happening!

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Yes, I look goofy in this thumbnail image (or so says my wife) - but hey the morning sun was blasting in my eyes!

Double surprise at our Service Center visit yesterday. Not only were there seven R1Ss, but there was an R1T with the new Ocean Coast interior. So that tells me things are happening!

Just remember....your wife loves you very much.

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
That chrome border on R1S will be blacked out within a wk of me owning it along with "RIVIAN" writing in the rear.

Quattro Powers

First Name
QP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla

I just watched your video. It’s great to see all the colors. I’ve only seen one Rivian in person.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
The R1S is delicious in Limestone. Now I’m thinking about switching back - again.

Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
2022 R1S orders no doubt...

Reactions: Rad

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
I don't want to wipe off the back window...it's not my car...

That should never stop you. It's not like you're being filmed, or something 😁

Last edited:

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
That chrome border on R1S will be blacked out within a wk of me owning it along with "RIVIAN" writing in the rear.
Same. The giant chrome ribbon is going black ASAP. I've been playing scrabble with "Rivian" to figure out what I want, and it being PNW - I'm going with RAIN.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I can see how that would look cleaner.

I wish that Rivian didn’t use a body color C-pillar on colors other than black. The body color with logo to black strip to chrome strip and back to black on the roof seems really busy to me. If that C-pillar was always black I think it would look cleaner.

Forgive my crude drawing tools and worse drawing skills on the modified blacked-out version. I really want that pillar to match what's on the B-pillar...
Rivian R1T R1S SEVEN R1S in the Denver Service Center lot - plus an Ocean Coast interior in the wild! 1662058263646

Rivian R1T R1S SEVEN R1S in the Denver Service Center lot - plus an Ocean Coast interior in the wild! 1662058207413

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I can see how that would look cleaner.

I wish that Rivian didn’t use a body color C-pillar on colors other than black. The body color with logo to black strip to chrome strip and back to black on the roof seems really busy to me. If that C-pillar was always black I think it would look cleaner.

Forgive my crude drawing tools and worse drawing skills on the modified blacked-out version. I really want that pillar to match what's on the B-pillar...
1662058263646.png

1662058207413.png
Your edit illustrates why this wouldn't be an easy change. The third row window sits slightly higher than the other windows. In order to get a straight line across the back, a thin black paint line would be required under this window. Otherwise, you'd need to angle upward on the C pillar to connect the two windows. While your design looks good, I wouldn't try it unless they lowered and squared off the front corner of that last window.

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Your edit illustrates why this wouldn't be an easy change. The third row window sits slightly higher than the other windows. In order to get a straight line across the back, a thin black paint line would be required under this window. Otherwise, you'd need to angle upward on the C pillar to connect the two windows. While your design looks good, I wouldn't try it unless they lowered and squared off the front corner of that last window.
I completely agree, and I'm not deluding myself into thinking they're going to change anything at this stage. I don't have any insight into what constraints caused them to make the bottom edge of the 3rd row window higher than the others.

Using the current stampings, I think they could make the change I drew by adding a piece of black trim along the bottom of the 3rd row window, similar to what is along the bottom of the opening windows, to hide the lower edge of that 3rd row window and make it appear as if the glass continued further down for a clean continuous line across the bottom of all side glass.

To be fair, Land Rover does a similar treatment with body-color A&C pillars which I think looks even worse because they are just floating.
Rivian R1T R1S SEVEN R1S in the Denver Service Center lot - plus an Ocean Coast interior in the wild! 1662064383333

Because they lined up the bottoms of the windows, Land Rover lets you pay $200 for black trim on the A & C pillars if that is subjectively better looking to the buyer. This is the look I prefer:
Rivian R1T R1S SEVEN R1S in the Denver Service Center lot - plus an Ocean Coast interior in the wild! 1662064686104

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Their was a RB R1S at the Bellevue SC as I was dropping off my truck today. The advisor was telling me they have delivered 4 so far, mostly blue.

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
The R1S is delicious in Limestone. Now I’m thinking about switching back - again.
I'm in the same boat. Started off with El Cap Granite, and now my reservation is Forest Green. But that Limestone is moving up quickly in the ranks! Before delivery next year, I'll probably have gone through every color.

jbssfelix

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3; Rivian R1S
Clubs

Hope this helps...broke down stock (top), blacked out chrome trim (middle), blacked out C pillar (bottom). Also added some tint to all three as it sure as hell needs some. :)
Rivian R1T R1S SEVEN R1S in the Denver Service Center lot - plus an Ocean Coast interior in the wild! r1sblacktint

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Hope this helps...broke down stock (top), blacked out chrome trim (middle), blacked out C pillar (bottom). Also added some tint to all three as it sure as hell needs some. :)
I don’t have any sophisticated graphics tools. By any chance are you able to make the black roof and tailgate match the white body color on this version?

Rivian R1T R1S SEVEN R1S in the Denver Service Center lot - plus an Ocean Coast interior in the wild! 1662134710549
Sponsored