Sponsored

Service suspension Soon ( speed limited to 33mph)

mohab

First Name
MOHAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 LongHorn , Challenger Scat pack, BMW X3
Occupation
PHARMACIST
I took delivery 8/4, was driving off work Wednesday when I went over speed bump , the dash gave me error message 9 service suspension soon ) and speed limited to 33 MPH. tried to rest software did not do anything. so I called service and they performed sleep cycle, did not work. they asked me if I can drive home ( 50 miles away ) I said no but I did not want to leave parked over night in commercial plaza so I drove to friend house and gave them the address. they ordered me Uber to take me home.
next day no one called waited till afternoon and called back to ask when are they going to tow the truck they said within (48 hours ) I was like this is BS what if I was on the side of the road, they said well it is not. so I called 3 times and every time I get the same answer, fourth time I said my friend needs this car out of his driveway ( he did not ) . they scheduled tow within 2 hours and pick it up. the truck arrived Orlando SC around midnight.
Second day in the morning ( Friday ) no one called, I started calling around noon and every time I asked to transfer to Orlando SC they say Eden on the phone with customer and she will call you next . she never did . After 4 calls and 3 hours she called back with attitude to inform me that she knows my truck in Orlando SC ( what a surprise huh! ) and they will work on it , she said if I did not call you today do not call back I will call you on Monday to give you updates. waited till 4.45 she did not call. so I called customer service , he reads her note to me that If I did not hear from her Today I should wait till Monday .

I am not happy with Orlando service center , a whole day should be enough to at least give update if it is something can be fixed or they need to order parts at lease I have idea where things going so I can make arrangement , No one asked me if I need loaner or Rental , luckily I have not sold my Ram yet I was testing the Rivian to decide which other car I want to sell , having broken down on Wednesday and not have any idea what is going on till Monday ( If they called )

the only funny thing was the turtle symbol because of speed restriction !!

Rivian R1T R1S Service suspension Soon ( speed limited to 33mph) 20220810_163444
Sponsored

Jedwards

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
My trucks having the same issue. On top of that the tow company damaged my car on transport to the service center so they had to do body work. The car just got re delivered tonight at 10:30PM. Drove it home and immediately had the "service suspension soon" and found more damage to the exterior of the car =]]] I'm feeling great!

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Man that sucks that you still have the problem after service. Iā€™m also having to tow mine back to service. They fixed Driver+ Unavailable and it immediate broke on me again as soon as I drive it off the tow truck.

Your problem is much more limiting than mine though and I feel for ya.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model-Y, VW GTI, Holden Commodore (Chevy SS)
Occupation
Engineer, Business Owner, Sales Guy
My trucks having the same issue. On top of that the tow company damaged my car on transport to the service center so they had to do body work. The car just got re delivered tonight at 10:30PM. Drove it home and immediately had the "service suspension soon" and found more damage to the exterior of the car =]]] I'm feeling great!
Sounds about like my experience..multiple times...
When they dropped it off supposedly repaired the Rivian rep said ā€œweā€™re really proud of how it turned outā€ šŸ˜‚. Immediately noticed a dent and big scratch in the fender from some amateur who pried the bed rail trim off to service the bed cover. Drove it around the block, still pulled to the right. Had them put it right back on the flatbed šŸ™„.
Service is like my teenage boys rushing through chores doing a half assed jobā€¦then bathing me in platitudes and hoping I just give up and say ā€œā€˜ehh good enough.

seems like a pretty simple process to take pictures when dropped off or loaded on the flatbed, on arrival at service have someone inspect the vehicle, take pictures and verify the issue. Then same process for returning the vehicle. Inspect as it exits the service bay, Fā€™ing TEST DRIVE IT! to confirm the issue is resolved and no new damage, pics before loading on flatbed. Inspection by owner on delivery, more pics. Done

Sierra7117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, 996
Occupation
Program Manager
Sounds about like my experience..multiple times...
When they dropped it off supposedly repaired the Rivian rep said ā€œweā€™re really proud of how it turned outā€ šŸ˜‚. Immediately noticed a dent and big scratch in the fender from some amateur who pried the bed rail trim off to service the bed cover. Drove it around the block, still pulled to the right. Had them put it right back on the flatbed šŸ™„.
Service is like my teenage boys rushing through chores doing a half assed jobā€¦then bathing me in platitudes and hoping I just give up and say ā€œā€˜ehh good enough.

seems like a pretty simple process to take pictures when dropped off or loaded on the flatbed, on arrival at service have someone inspect the vehicle, take pictures and verify the issue. Then same process for returning the vehicle. Inspect as it exits the service bay, Fā€™ing TEST DRIVE IT! to confirm the issue is resolved and no new damage, pics before loading on flatbed. Inspection by owner on delivery, more pics. Done
Holy cow, would you still go through with the purchase with 20/20 hindsight?

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Holy cow, would you still go through with the purchase with 20/20 hindsight?
Sold my truck after the 5th service call. Really nice people at Rivian with good intentionsā€¦but poor execution

Sierra7117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, 996
Occupation
Program Manager
Sold my truck after the 5th service call. Really nice people at Rivian with good intentionsā€¦but poor execution
Yikes, what a huge bummer. Did you at least net a nice profit with the sale? I can totally imagine doing the same if it spent more time in the shop vs the road after dropping some serious coin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yikes, what a huge bummer. Did you at least net a nice profit with the sale? I can totally imagine doing the same if it spent more time in the shop vs the road after dropping some serious coin
The hype wonā€™t last foreverā€¦and now seems like the quality issues are catching up to the hype.

If you have a spare set of wheels and have time to burn dealing with the repairs and most likely some decent recalls then keep it.

For me my time is worth more and I didnā€™t want an $80k science project.

AGAIN - Rivian has super nice staff and they are all about the grand gesturesā€¦Iā€™m sure they will eventually get it right.

As a middle aged guy with a family and busy career though I donā€™t have time to take that journey with them.

I also hopped with RJs credentials and all the other industry people working at Rivian that their first run would have been a little better in terms of quality and process. Seems like they just rushed things though to get to market first. They are riding a fine line of brand hype and quality issues right now. Hope it works out for them.

Sierra7117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, 996
Occupation
Program Manager
The hype wonā€™t last foreverā€¦and now seems like the quality issues are catching up to the hype.

If you have a spare set of wheels and have time to burn dealing with the repairs and most likely some decent recalls then keep it.

For me my time is worth more and I didnā€™t want an $80k science project.

AGAIN - Rivian has super nice staff and they are all about the grand gesturesā€¦Iā€™m sure they will eventually get it right.

As a middle aged guy with a family and busy career though I donā€™t have time to take that journey with them.

I also hopped with RJs credentials and all the other industry people working at Rivian that their first run would have been a little better in terms of quality and process. Seems like they just rushed things though to get to market first. They are riding a fine line of brand hype and quality issues right now. Hope it works out for them.
Appreciate your candor. Feels like they didn't spend their covid delay time wisely. Lacking core basic competency gets old for customers who have better things to do. Making mistakes is fine, repeating them over and over gets people fired/customers liquidating their purchases

Last edited:
OP
OP

mohab

First Name
MOHAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
PHARMACIST
what was the main issue ?

Sponsored

BourboNole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forest Green/Forest Edge R1T on 21s
Where in FL are you? I'm in Orlando and just got my R1T this weekend and like you am holding on to my Ram to decide between the two. I love the R1T so far but these service nightmares scare me, and hearing bad things specifically about Orlando SC makes it worse.

jbronkoR1T

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Occupation
Music&Tech
Man, I just can not accept this for my permanent, sole vehicle for transportation and weekend trips. I'm expecting mine in about 12 to 18 months. If I keep seeing these types of posts, I'm just getting an ICE Colorado and will join the EV truck revolution when it's ready for primetime.

OP
OP

mohab

First Name
MOHAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
PHARMACIST
Where in FL are you? I'm in Orlando and just got my R1T this weekend and like you am holding on to my Ram to decide between the two. I love the R1T so far but these service nightmares scare me, and hearing bad things specifically about Orlando SC makes it worse.
I am in Tampa

OP
OP

mohab

First Name
MOHAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
PHARMACIST
I sent Long email about my story to
[email protected]
today Nick ( miami service center manager ) was covering for Orlando coz that manager was not there, he said there was ailing hydraulic hose and they ordered replacement and truck should be ready by Thursday , so we will see

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
what was the main issue ?
Pulled to the right, couldnā€™t correct after several alignments. Sagged on the right front, clicking/clunking,

every time the truck came back with some small damage.
Sponsored