Service schedule guesses?

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Just dropped off my Audi for 50K service. Curious to know what kind of Rivian service schedule to anticipate? Maybe Tesla owners can weigh in. Is there any scheduled maintenance? Gotta squirt fresh vegan sunflower oil into the axles every six months or something?
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Just dropped off my Audi for 50K service. Curious to know what kind of Rivian service schedule to anticipate? Maybe Tesla owners can weigh in. Is there any scheduled maintenance? Gotta squirt fresh vegan sunflower oil into the axles every six months or something?
Brake fluid every two years.
cabin filter annually.

these things are gonna eat tires too.

maintenance will be next to nothing. I’m looking forward to it

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Thank God so many states have worked with their Auto Dealer Associations to ensure their residents have state-mandated dealership networks to help protect them from unscrupulous manufacturers.

Do you remember that big story years ago about the dealership that reduced the "Interior Protection Package" price from the standard $1,499.99 charge to the $5.17 cost of a can of Scotchgard used to apply this package? Yeah, me either....

I'm guessing that many of the critical diagnostic check-ups will be performed via OTA transmission while some physical inspections (tires / alignment / brakes / suspension) will still need an eyes-on review from time-to-time.

https://www.chewy.com/scotchgard-he...zc9vg0jg4_VYm5yV7RX-hc7LqTbdV-8xoCp4YQAvD_BwE

Last edited:

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
I'm guessing that many of the critical diagnostic check-ups will be performed via OTA transmission while some physical inspections (tires / alignment / brakes / suspension) will still need an eyes-on review from time-to-time.
Anything other than the (big) battery could be handled by my tire supplier and general mechanic. He, and I'm sure many others, are leaning forward to be prepared for EVs. Last time I had the beemer in for a several thousand dollar oil cooler replacement we were chatting about the requirements for stereo camera alignment for self driving, or even fancy cruise control systems. He's also looking forward to my AT Pirelli business, go figure.
Sponsored