Service mode (red items)

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
I’ve been having an on going L2 charging issue with my Rivian or Rivian charger. After charging for 25-30 minutes the charger will suddenly stop. But then start back up again. Sometimes it will repeat multiple times while charging other times it will do it once.

I’ve been reporting this issue to Rivian for over 3 months now. I finally have their attention.

My other issue is the climate control don’t seem to be very accurate. It’s either extremely cold or hot nothing in the middle.

I’ve been browsing the forms looking to see if anyone is experiencing these issues. I came across service mode.

When I accessed service mode on my vehicle I noticed the OBC and XMM are both red

I don’t want to jump to conclusions but does red signify there is an issue with that part of the system?
Rivian R1T R1S Service mode (red items) IMG_5444
Sponsored

Erikbecker

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Mechanical engineer
Those red lights in service mode could totally be a heads-up that something's up with your ride. It might be related to the charging and climate control hiccups you're experiencing. Try to pay attention to when these problems happen, if there's anything specific triggering them, and if your car shows any error messages.
For your charging problem, there could be a few reasons why. It's important to check both your Rivian charger and your car's charging system for any issues. This could be anything from loose connections to problems with the charger or the car's charging port. I suggest checking all the parts involved in charging, like cables and connectors, and maybe try using different charging stations to see if that helps.
And about the climate control— it might be because of sensors not working right or issues with the HVAC system.

OP
OP

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
Those red lights in service mode could totally be a heads-up that something's up with your ride. It might be related to the charging and climate control hiccups you're experiencing. Try to pay attention to when these problems happen, if there's anything specific triggering them, and if your car shows any error messages.
For your charging problem, there could be a few reasons why. It's important to check both your Rivian charger and your car's charging system for any issues. This could be anything from loose connections to problems with the charger or the car's charging port. I suggest checking all the parts involved in charging, like cables and connectors, and maybe try using different charging stations to see if that helps.
And about the climate control— it might be because of sensors not working right or issues with the HVAC system.
So Rivian finally agreed to send me a replacement charger. I was both surprised and impressed that they sent Qmerit out to install the new charger. The installer from Qmerit told me this is his 6th Rivian charger he had to replace. The new charger is different from my first one. First noticeable difference was the cord and plug. Both are a lot thinner and more stream line.

I performed another hard reset on the vehicle before plugging in the new charger. As of right now the OBC error is gone. I will keep monitoring it.

However the XMM is still present. I have a mobile appointment next week. I’m going to ask the mechanic if he can check the code to see if it’s related to my HVAC system. Maybe just a sensor.

However, I do feel they should fix whatever that error is regardless if I’m aware of the problem.
Sponsored