Sponsored

September - October 2022 (New 6/11 delivery estimate)

RivnSoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5, ZHP, R1T, E36 M3
Occupation
Tax payer
Won lottery and lost ticket.

I’m being “re-matched” with a VIN because my original has a serious battery problem that can’t be fixed quickly.

They’ve offered to help with a rental.

Sold my truck and can’t tow my boat to the lake. Doh. In limbo.
Sold my 7 day old 2022 Tacoma today... delivery pending on Tuesday, VIN 93xx, passed PDI with no issues. Need a tow vehicle as well. This better come through
Sponsored

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Oh FFS, they just delivered the WRONG truck.

On the plus side, I finally got to drive one, just not mine. Finally saw Limestone in person. Nicer than I thought

Dudes. How could they not check the VIN?

Opened the front door and saw the wrong color.

Hopefully 3rd time is the charm.

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Sold my 7 day old 2022 Tacoma today... delivery pending on Tuesday, VIN 93xx, passed PDI with no issues. Need a tow vehicle as well. This better come through
I'm selling my 5 year old tacoma today I really hope mine comes thru as well.

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
Oh FFS, they just delivered the WRONG truck.

On the plus side, I finally got to drive one, just not mine. Finally saw Limestone in person. Nicer than I thought

Dudes. How could they not check the VIN?

Opened the front door and saw the wrong color.

Hopefully 3rd time is the charm.
yikes not cool

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Just got a call that my tonneau buckled during PDI on my actual VIN.

They are going to permanently retract and disable the physical buttons so I don’t accidentally to to use the $1500 broken feature.

Confidence inspiring for sure.

yikes not cool

Last edited:

Sponsored

yorty

First Name
marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 ram 1500 4x4/Winnebago Vista 28
Occupation
retired
So have a lot of folks in this window heard from guides already? Once I got this estimate, I changed from 20" to 21" wheels. Still haven't heard a peep.

I've started pinging support about it, but they're really not doing anything nor giving me any information. I'm still seeing LOTS of folks in my area getting their trucks already who are either in this window or the later Nov-Dec window, as soon as they changed to 21" wheels.

edit: so I just called support. I'll tell you one thing, it's very clear they are tired of hearing this type of question. Whew. He wasn't totally unpleasant, but he wanted to hear nothing from me on this and did everything he could to shut me down in my questioning. Personally, I think that asking why people in my area with similar builds, who ordered 6-12 months later, are getting their trucks, and I'm getting nothing, is fair, but support doesn't...

yorty

First Name
marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 ram 1500 4x4/Winnebago Vista 28
Occupation
retired
Yeah, it's really frustrating. There are TONS of trucks at the local SC as shown by recent buyers posting pics/videos... Based on my order timing, I really shouldn't be THAT far back, when you consider how many earlier orders were Explore or R1S models, too. Either way, I hate how much this is making me upset. I'm sure I'll be plenty happy once I have my vehicle, though.
Feel the pain JGard I ordered almost a year before you with NADA from cs when I question the delivery system!

RivnSoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5, ZHP, R1T, E36 M3
Occupation
Tax payer
I'm selling my 5 year old tacoma today I really hope mine comes thru as well.
@Mcfly Rivian Gotta tell you: the 2022 Tacoma felt a bit outdated when first got it (drum rear brakes, wtf; really poor transmission tuning, seats from a toy truck to name the few...) comparing it to my prior truck 2018 Ram.
BUT, if I'm to compare it to this R1T (3 days ownership and about 500 miles driven) the Tacoma is a donkey pulled buggy with square wheels and the R1T is a modern space ship- no joke!

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
@Mcfly Rivian Gotta tell you: the 2022 Tacoma felt a bit outdated when first got it (drum rear brakes, wtf; really poor transmission tuning, seats from a toy truck to name the few...) comparing it to my prior truck 2018 Ram.
BUT, if I'm to compare it to this R1T (3 days ownership and about 500 miles driven) the Tacoma is a donkey pulled buggy with square wheels and the R1T is a modern space ship- no joke!
I agree with you very dated and all you mentioned 100 percent true. The truck is basically a 2008 reskinned in 2016 and slightly updated in 2020. That said the thing is a freaking tank. Indestructible. Most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Fun to drive tho not at all

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
The Tacoma has long been an enigma, to me. They are popular, well-liked, and hold their value. But from every objective measurement it's a terrible truck. Truly worst-in-class, on paper. Toyota makes some impressive Kool-Aid.

Sponsored

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
The Tacoma has long been an enigma, to me. They are popular, well-liked, and hold their value. But from every objective measurement it's a terrible truck. Truly worst-in-class, on paper. Toyota makes some impressive Kool-Aid.
Hold their value indeed, I just sold my 2017 with 60k miles for 1k less than I paid for it new 5 years ago.

Last edited:

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Was in this delivery window, just took delivery today in upstate SC from the ATL service center.
Congrats! I'm same config minus wheels. 8 step locked 18 days and counting.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
You won't regret the color combo. It's fantastic.
I saw this combo at the Venice hub and loved it. Configured it then switched a million times. Every color minus yellow and red. But my last switch landed me here and it locked. I'm glad it did. 🤟
Sponsored