Sponsored

September - October 2022 (New 6/11 delivery estimate)

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Looks like I’ve jinxed things by posting here and selling my truck early.

Was just informed that my R1T “threw a bunch of codes” as they were loading it onto the flat bed. Passed PDI but it apparently flipped out during loading. No diagnosis yet and no truck.

Sold my 2020 Honda Ridgeline to CarMax last night ($5k more than Rivian’s offer). It was a “COVID car” and was perfect with super low miles. Felt weird selling it.

Especially realizing it might be the last ICE vehicle I own.

87xx is being delivered tomorrow! Onwards!
Sponsored

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Looks like I’ve jinxed things by posting here and selling my truck early.

Was just informed that my R1T “threw a bunch of codes” as they were loading it onto the flat bed. Passed PDI but it apparently flipped out during loading. No diagnosis yet and no truck.
Ahh this is my fear. Our delivery is scheduled for 2pm today. Fortunately we haven’t sold our ID.4 yet, planned for later in the day. Fingers crossed if we haven’t heard anything by now…

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
hope yours went well!

Ahh this is my fear. Our delivery is scheduled for 2pm today. Fortunately we haven’t sold our ID.4 yet, planned for later in the day. Fingers crossed if we haven’t heard anything by now…

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Won lottery and lost ticket.

I’m being “re-matched” with a VIN because my original has a serious battery problem that can’t be fixed quickly.

They’ve offered to help with a rental.

Sold my truck and can’t tow my boat to the lake. Doh. In limbo.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

I’m being “re-matched” with a VIN because my original has a serious battery problem that can’t be fixed quickly.

My delivery is scheduled for Monday and I've heard that I should hear by tomorrow if there are any major issues that would prevent delivery. The risk of an serious issue preventing delivery was why I opted to trade my current vehicle into Rivian.

Sponsored

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor

I've had step 8 locked for 9 days now, Vin 84xx. Your situation is exactly why I haven't sold my trade yet. Maybe I should just wait till It's in my driveway. 🤔 I hope it gets resolved soon. Better to get a different truck than chase gremlins.

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
So have a lot of folks in this window heard from guides already? Once I got this estimate, I changed from 20" to 21" wheels. Still haven't heard a peep.

I've started pinging support about it, but they're really not doing anything nor giving me any information. I'm still seeing LOTS of folks in my area getting their trucks already who are either in this window or the later Nov-Dec window, as soon as they changed to 21" wheels.

edit: so I just called support. I'll tell you one thing, it's very clear they are tired of hearing this type of question. Whew. He wasn't totally unpleasant, but he wanted to hear nothing from me on this and did everything he could to shut me down in my questioning. Personally, I think that asking why people in my area with similar builds, who ordered 6-12 months later, are getting their trucks, and I'm getting nothing, is fair, but support doesn't...

Last edited:

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

So have a lot of folks in this window heard from guides already? Once I got this estimate, I changed from 20" to 21" wheels. Still haven't heard a peep.

I've started pinging support about it, but they're really not doing anything nor giving me any information. I'm still seeing LOTS of folks in my area getting their trucks already who are either in this window or the later Nov-Dec window, as soon as they changed to 21" wheels.

edit: so I just called support. I'll tell you one thing, it's very clear they are tired of hearing this type of question. Whew. He wasn't totally unpleasant, but he wanted to hear nothing from me on this and did everything he could to shut me down in my questioning. Personally, I think that asking why people in my area with similar builds, who ordered 6-12 months later, are getting their trucks, and I'm getting nothing, is fair, but support doesn't...
I see no reason based on your build why you shouldn't already have a VIN. As you mentioned there are a bunch of people on these forums who ordered 6mos after you who have trucks.

My best guess is it has to do with the specific SC you would be assigned to. Alternatively, could be Rivian's mess of a queue system.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
What Service Center is near you?

Sponsored

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
I’ve been “re-matched” with a new VIN in 92xx with exact same config. (“Lottery ticket found in sock drawer”)

My previous VIN is headed back for further analysis. Battery issues apparently.

Rivian did step up orchestrating a rental for me, but the local branch won’t have a car in stock to rent me for 5 more days.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Less headaches....

Siguy90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Seems like the west coast and Atlanta are getting most of the action. Doesn't seem like people in the northeast are getting any luck even after switching to ideal configs with 21s with movement on the preorder or R1 Shop invites.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Seems like the west coast and Atlanta are getting most of the action. Doesn't seem like people in the northeast are getting any luck even after switching to ideal configs with 21s with movement on the preorder or R1 Shop invites.
Yeah, it's really frustrating. There are TONS of trucks at the local SC as shown by recent buyers posting pics/videos... Based on my order timing, I really shouldn't be THAT far back, when you consider how many earlier orders were Explore or R1S models, too. Either way, I hate how much this is making me upset. I'm sure I'll be plenty happy once I have my vehicle, though.
Sponsored