• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
  • RIVIANFORUMS CLUBS!

Announcing our new "CLUBS" section where you can join or create a Rivian club or group! You can use this new feature to conveniently plan and discuss local events, gatherings or other club/group related topics.

So we encourage you to join (or start) special-interest and regional-based Rivian clubs at: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/group-categories/clubs-groups.1/

Sponsored

Selling my Rivian Launch Edition, reservation transfer ? ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOLFISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Ridgline, Subaru Outback, Odyssey, Prius
I am planning on selling my Launch Edition, I have an April May deliver.
I have not been contacted by Rivian. But in a chat my April May delivery was still on track.

I have seen a couple comments on this forum that transferring a reservation was possible by
simply changing the contact info on ones reservation.

During the chat i also asked about changing contact info. She said this could only be done in
extreme cases Like a death . And then only to spouse. And that transferring was a forum myth.

If transferring a reservation is not an option. What processes would be the simplest and cheapest to sell?
And where would be good places to list the Rivian?
I can still change and add any options. Even change it to a R1S

You can dm or pm we with any offeres or ideas.

Thanks...
Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I'll just post my idea here instead of DM.

If you don't want the vehicle, cancel your order. Get out of line so the rest of us can get our trucks. Kthxbai.

Yes, I'm salty. No, I don't care what any of you think.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Rivian has no incentive to allow transfers, especially after they have changed prices. Your options are to cancel Or buy the truck and do with it what you will. And that makes sense to me.

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 powerboost
Occupation
software
You can transfer your reservation by hitting the cancel button. Your reservation spot will then go to the next in line. If you need help cancelling, simply hit the chat button.

OP
OP
GOLFISH

GOLFISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Ridgline, Subaru Outback, Odyssey, Prius
I'll just post my idea here instead of DM.

If you don't want the vehicle, cancel your order. Get out of line so the rest of us can get our trucks. Kthxbai.

Yes, I'm salty. No, I don't care what any of you think.
Who said i didn't want the vehicle?
Sometimes life sucks and plans need to change.
If i did cancle my Order . Whould you even get yours a day earlier?

Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Who said i didn't want the vehicle?
Sometimes life sucks and plans need to change.
If i did cancle my Order . Whould you even get yours a day earlier?
Need/want are the same difference.

Doesn't matter if mine gets here a day earlier. Someone's would.

Sorry but not sorry - every one of these posts just looks like scalping to me, which I object to.

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
As stated above, if you do not need the vehicle, cancel your reservation. And yes, that means everyone ahead of you in line will get theirs earlier.

Please note if Rivian (in pre-order status) has reason to believe you will be selling the vehicle, they can cancel your pre-order.

If you are looking to sell any car, you can post it on any one of the many popular platforms. It being a Rivian doesn't really have any relevance. You'll have to take delivery, pay tax, pay registration, etc. And then you lose all that selling it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.