Sponsored

FindMyElectric

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S3XY
Hello Rivian Forum members! Find My Electric here…

You may have seen us in the Tesla forums, on the web, or in other places—but we’re now an official sponsor of RivianForums.com!

We are the #1 used Tesla marketplace on the web, and recently opened up to all EVs, quickly becoming the most popular used Rivian marketplace online.

Find My Electric was created with one mission—to make EVs accessible to all people. We built our marketplace from the ground up to connect buyers and sellers in a way that’s never been done before.

If you’re looking to buy a Rivian, be sure check out the used Rivians for sale on our site.

And if you’re looking to sell, we offer three unique options:

1) Featured Listing – this is our flagship listing package, and it includes an AutoCheck vehicle history report (the same vendor eBay uses), maximum exposure on our site, Expert Pricing Help from our Minneapolis-based staff, and much more. This is all for a $49 one-time fee. No buyer or seller fees—no recurring packages. One time, that’s it. This is our most popular package for people looking to sell their Rivian ASAP.

2) Free Listing – this is a stripped-down version of our Featured Listing package. It doesn’t come with support, pricing help, or a vehicle history report—but it’s totally free. No catches, no nonsense—100% free.

3) Instant Cash Offer – this is a unique program we created where EV dealers bid against each other to make you the best cash offer for your Rivian R1T or R1S. It’s totally free to you as a seller—and no obligation at all. It’s incredibly popular with users right now.

We’re happy to be a supporting vendor on RivianForums.com. Please feel free to DM us with any questions, reach out on our site, or comment below.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
FindMyElectric

FindMyElectric

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S3XY

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

RivRev

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Why do the prices very so much? The trims and mileage are almost all the same yet the prices vary by $10,000-$20,000.

Not sure if it's just the list price we are seeing, but one "sold" for $109,000 and several more "sold" for around $135,000. That is a huge difference.

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
Hello Rivian Forum members! Find My Electric here…

You may have seen us in the Tesla forums, on the web, or in other places—but we’re now an official sponsor of RivianForums.com!

We are the #1 used Tesla marketplace on the web, and recently opened up to all EVs, quickly becoming the most popular used Rivian marketplace online.

Find My Electric was created with one mission—to make EVs accessible to all people. We built our marketplace from the ground up to connect buyers and sellers in a way that’s never been done before.

If you’re looking to buy a Rivian, be sure check out the used Rivians for sale on our site.

And if you’re looking to sell, we offer three unique options:

1) Featured Listing – this is our flagship listing package, and it includes an AutoCheck vehicle history report (the same vendor eBay uses), maximum exposure on our site, Expert Pricing Help from our Minneapolis-based staff, and much more. This is all for a $49 one-time fee. No buyer or seller fees—no recurring packages. One time, that’s it. This is our most popular package for people looking to sell their Rivian ASAP.

2) Free Listing – this is a stripped-down version of our Featured Listing package. It doesn’t come with support, pricing help, or a vehicle history report—but it’s totally free. No catches, no nonsense—100% free.

3) Instant Cash Offer – this is a unique program we created where EV dealers bid against each other to make you the best cash offer for your Rivian R1T or R1S. It’s totally free to you as a seller—and no obligation at all. It’s incredibly popular with users right now.

We’re happy to be a supporting vendor on RivianForums.com. Please feel free to DM us with any questions, reach out on our site, or comment below.

Not that I'm saying Rivian WILL do it - but it's a good place to post.

GM is not allowing warranty transfers on "flipped" vehicles. Example, Hummer EV.
So quick reselling of your EV might void its warranty.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/general-motors-void-warranties-cars-trucks-flipped

Reactions: Max

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
There's a dealer there that seems to be collecting flipping them...
And of course, they are not the only dealer doing so. A local Toyota dealer has one prominently featured on their lot for $131,400.

I had not yet actually seen an R1T as of that date, so I stopped by for a quick look. And I have to say the sales guy was very pleasant, spending nearly an hour with me. Even after I explained that I was not a potential buyer, but a pre-order holder.

I asked how it was acquired and he said from an auction.

And no, most pics do not do these vehicles justice. The Red Canyon is much more attractive than most pics of it show. And the ones at the dealer link above are especially horrible.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
j

GM is not allowing warranty transfers on "flipped" vehicles. Example, Hummer EV.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/general-motors-void-warranties-cars-trucks-flipped
I am sure someone is calling R.J. A punk in a meeting for selling R1Ts at a loss and firing people while folks are making a bundle on these trucks. Either, Rivian will have to put a stop to this with something like the GM move or those of us still waiting somehow will pay the difference.

some say car market bubble is about to pop. D.C. late car payments that are more than 30 days past due is at 23%. Repo rates have doubled since last year. Hopefully people will realize soon, they payed too much for that ride and market cools a bit.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I am sure someone is calling R.J. A punk in a meeting for selling R1Ts at a loss and firing people while folks are making a bundle on these trucks. Either, Rivian will have to put a stop to this with something like the GM move or those of us still waiting somehow will pay the difference.
Being able to sell a few hundred R1Ts at $130k doesn't mean that's a sustainable price for the mass market.

That being said, I think most reasonable people realize that those of us paying pre-march prices are getting a heckuva deal, and that even after that price hike Rivian is still probably undercharging.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FindMyElectric

FindMyElectric

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S3XY
Why so many for sale in Lincoln, NE? Warren Buffett ?
Instead of buying RIVN stock, the Oracle of Omaha is just buying R1Ts, hadn't you heard?!

Ha ha, JK. There are actually two of our EV dealer partners in Lincoln, NE--they've got awesome all-electric dealerships and are some of the biggest in the Midwest!

Shout out to Charged Automotive and Electro Car. Dakota at Charged and Mark at Electro Car are great guys to deal with--if you're interested in purchasing a Rivian, be sure to reach out--and tell them Find My Electric sent ya! ;)

OP
OP
FindMyElectric

FindMyElectric

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S3XY
Why do the prices very so much? The trims and mileage are almost all the same yet the prices vary by $10,000-$20,000.

Not sure if it's just the list price we are seeing, but one "sold" for $109,000 and several more "sold" for around $135,000. That is a huge difference.
Great question! Some of that is just disparity among sellers--it's a new market, so people are trying to figure out what to ask, etc. Some people have different ideas of what constitutes a fair market value.

That R1T for $109,000 was gone in a few days, if that's any indication.

And the "Sold" price is the asking price--it may not be the final selling price, although it doesn't vary a lot more than a few percentage points in most cases.

We don't regulate asking prices--sellers are free to ask whatever they want...for instance, check out the last Tesla Roadster ever made here for $1.5MM :oops:

https://www.findmyelectric.com/listings/2011-tesla-roadster-2-5-sport-30659/

That said, if sellers purchase a paid listing, we take one-on-one time to help them dial in a good selling price, so often times you'll find those are more realistic.

OP
OP
FindMyElectric

FindMyElectric

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S3XY

Yeah, we're seeing a lot of developments here. GM with this, Ford looking to punish dealers who mark cars up too much.

There's a lot to unpack there...and it's hard to say exactly how much manufacturers will be able to influence prices.

OP
OP
FindMyElectric

FindMyElectric

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S3XY
j

some say car market bubble is about to pop. D.C. late car payments that are more than 30 days past due is at 23%. Repo rates have doubled since last year. Hopefully people will realize soon, they payed too much for that ride and market cools a bit.
There are a lot of people trying to predict what the market is doing/will do.

We can say from our perspective, it's still really strong for specific makes/models, but has cooled off for others; it's really relative to supply, demand, economic factors, etc.

Still, overall though--the demand for EVs (both new and used) remains strong and far outpaces the production from high-level view.
Sponsored