FindMyElectric

FindMyElectric

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S3XY
I expect that will end up in court.
It's possible. That's a harsh position for The General to take...

We hate to see accessibility issues for EVs with high pricing in certain cases, but it's really a supply/demand issue right now.

The main reason we started Find My Electric was to make EVs accessible to more people--thereby accelerating the transition to sustainable transport (by connecting EV buyers and sellers in a proper used EV marketplace).

It will be some time though, before pricing levels out.
Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
it's really relative to supply, demand, economic factors, etc.
I recently saw a footage of a sea of repossessed cars that a bank holds on to so that they don’t disturb that supply demand balance. They seem to be hoarding cars and trickle them out to the auction at small volume to maximize revenue. I am not sure how much of current over all supply/demand situation is real and how much of it is by design. For EV part of it, it seems real, for ICE, it may have started naturally but there are people who have incentive to drag it as long as they can.

OP
OP
FindMyElectric

FindMyElectric

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S3XY
I recently saw a footage of a sea of repossessed cars that a bank holds on to so that they don’t disturb that supply demand balance. They seem to be hoarding cars and trickle them out to the auction at small volume to maximize revenue. I am not sure how much of current over all supply/demand situation is real and how much of it is by design. For EV part of it, it seems real, for ICE, it may have started naturally but there are people who have incentive to drag it as long as they can.
Do you have a link to that? We'd be curious to see!

OP
OP
FindMyElectric

FindMyElectric

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S3XY
Anyone do the instant cash offer? Curious of the spread.
Hi Bob. Obviously we're the "horse's mouth" (and a little biased) replying here, but we can tell you a few things:

1) It's totally free to request, so nothing to lose checking if you've got a Rivian (or other EV)

2) While our dealers have to make a profit, people are often pleasantly surprised at the offers they get. That's one benefit of our progam--EV (not gas) dealers, they compete for you, and they know the market better than big box algos.

3) We NEVER use your information for anything other than making you an offer and customer service related to that. Some people have wondered if they will get spammed, etc. And the answer to that is--never!

4) Any other questions, feel free to reach out directly!

Sponsored

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
Hi Bob. Obviously we're the "horse's mouth" (and a little biased) replying here, but we can tell you a few things:

1) It's totally free to request, so nothing to lose checking if you've got a Rivian (or other EV)

2) While our dealers have to make a profit, people are often pleasantly surprised at the offers they get. That's one benefit of our progam--EV (not gas) dealers, they compete for you, and they know the market better than big box algos.

3) We NEVER use your information for anything other than making you an offer and customer service related to that. Some people have wondered if they will get spammed, etc. And the answer to that is--never!

4) Any other questions, feel free to reach out directly!
Okay so how much? Really shouldn’t vary much for a new vehicle with no crashes and normal mileage.

OP
OP
FindMyElectric

FindMyElectric

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S3XY
Okay so how much? Really shouldn’t vary much for a new vehicle with no crashes and normal mileage.
Hi Bob. Actually, things can vary more than you might think...

Remember that colors can be a $2,500 delta from the factory; wheels $3,500; interior $2,000.

There's also the Launch Edition (vs. Adventure) which isn't available anymore, and special rare colors like Launch Green, plus other expensive factory accessories which may or may not be present.

Some people have also put a fair amount of miles on a Rivian already too--you'd be surprised. So, this is a factor vs. one that was taken delivery of and purely garaged with less than 100 miles on it.

Then there are condition issues already in some (PDR done on dents from people backing into posts in their driveways, minor accidents that don't necessarily constitute "crashes," etc.). Some people have wrapped theirs or done extensive PPF (which are things that the big box Carvana-style algos don't consider). Also, there are other market factors which vary week-to-week.

So, it's really not possible just to answer "how much" at random. But we're happy to provide you (or anyone else) with an offer--just fill out a request here!

And if you list your Rivian for sale, it's a one-click, frictionless button to submit an offer request since the photos and vehicle details are already in the listing :cool:

Last edited:

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Try the instant cash offer if youre curious. I did. Decent cash offer made.

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Dm sent, inquiring about selling my lightning

Sponsored

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
hhhmmm...

So the lowest price on there was about $117k for a for a Rivian if placed on the order list today would list for about $92k. That's roughly a $25k markup. Good for them if they can get it.

I'll happily hold my place in line, save myself that $25k, + keep the $15k (current state and federal rebates), plus a $25k lower basis point on Licensing per year.

OP
OP
FindMyElectric

FindMyElectric

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S3XY
hhhmmm...

So the lowest price on there was about $117k for a for a Rivian if placed on the order list today would list for about $92k. That's roughly a $25k markup. Good for them if they can get it.

I'll happily hold my place in line, save myself that $25k, + keep the $15k (current state and federal rebates), plus a $25k lower basis point on Licensing per year.
Actually, there are a few lower than that (and one that has already sold--which gives you an idea of market dynamics).

We built the "Include Sold Listings" feature so that people could do pricing research. It shows the asking price of previously-listed vehicles (which the actual sale price tends to vary by 0-3% or so).

Here are the two lowest-priced Rivians on the site available now:

https://www.findmyelectric.com/listings/2022-rivian-r1t-adventure-112749/ - $112,000

https://www.findmyelectric.com/listings/2022-rivian-r1t-adventure-113994/ - $112,995

Then this data point:

https://www.findmyelectric.com/listings/2022-rivian-r1t-launch-edition-107355/ - $109,000 - SOLD in about 3 days.