First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
Where did you get the excerpt that it's only for 2018 LE holders? It'd be great if that context was actually somewhere readily available. There's a day 1 max pack preorder holder in the area on Reddit that's frustrated he hasn't heard a peep (understandably).
Good ole CS.

I asked because I was like "WTF y0?"
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Good ole CS.

I asked because I was like "WTF y0?"
Oh. That's better than what I got. Which was literally no context other than basically "stay tuned."

1973LT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Whaaaaat color is thissss? Limestone?
Launch Green! I had changed my initial color from Launch Green when I saw the render. Now that I have seen it in person I have switched back to it. It's pretty cool. Many here have covered the various build details so well that I opted to spend my entire 45 minutes driving. The music was banging when we took off but I opted to drive without. So weird not being able to judge speed without the increasing noise of an ICE engine! I drove freeway, fresh asphalt twisties (Sport Mode), and semi-rough forest service roads. It performed beautifully in all conditions. So amazing. It is a Swiss knife of varying conditions. My wife has a fully loaded 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the hemi. It is a nice vehicle. I have told people that the difference between the Grand Cherokee and the Rivian is comparable to the difference between her Grand Cherokee and my '82 Z/28. It is a huge jump in technology.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Does anyone know how long they're running this "2018 Exclusive" test drive program? I feel like I heard the 22nd or something somewhere.

1973LT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Does anyone know how long they're running this "2018 Exclusive" test drive program? I feel like I heard the 22nd or something somewhere.
I'm not sure that's even a thing. I'm a 9/19 preorder holder and I just logged into Rivian and signed up. I received no notification from Rivian of this event. I just saw it posted here, logged into Rivian and signed up. 3 days later I had my drive.

Sponsored

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
I'm not sure that's even a thing. I'm a 9/19 preorder holder and I just logged into Rivian and signed up. I received no notification from Rivian of this event. I just saw it posted here, logged into Rivian and signed up. 3 days later I had my drive.
Where on the Rivian site did you sign up? I donā€™t see that option anywhere.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Jan surprised me on Tuesday Night when we had to ā€œGo down to SeaTac to sign the report for the Port Authority for when our Catalytic Converter was stolen from the Prius a few months backā€ Turns out it was a whole ploy and we were picking up my Mom from the Airport.

Then this happened a few days laterā€¦

My photos and video from the Mobile Test Drive.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cpJD5N7uWq41XCej9

This is pretty much a glimpse into 12-year old me after I chose to get a ā€˜Mountain Bikeā€™ while all my other friends were still riding BMX, and pushing their bikes up the steep hills in our neighborhood. ;)

Pictured: My wife JanRose, my mom Rayna, my good friend and Tesla Model 3 owner Meridith, the Rivian Guide ā€˜Joeā€™, and me in the Rear View Mirror.

Enjoy and ask away. :cool:

Editors Notes- The Launch Green Paint is no joke and very Pea-Soupy-Gray-Camo-Chameleon. I can now attest with how difficult it is to white balance correctly! You can see in the photos it looks way more Gray in towards the front with the bluer-tones of an overcast PNW Day where the Garage ceiling LEDā€™s appear warmer instead of brighter white. The rear-quarter panel photos from inside are much closer to how it actually looks to the eye.

Fun Geography-White-Balance-Photo Fact for Geeks- If I shot this same exact setup in SoCal or Florida, or anywhere closer to the equator for that matter, the daylight shots would appear a little warmer because daylight appears warmer as you get closer to the equator and cooler towards the poles. If I recall from my photography classes in college it has something to do with Earthā€™s atmosphere and which angle the sunlight hits at, or something to that extent. You throw in really deep reflective amazing paint colors and this is what you get. ?

Last edited:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Thanks @Bumble1978! Those park distance sensor tones remind me of an '80s arcade.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Awesome! Thanks Ryan! Enjoyed the video. I think it would be hard to give it back after the test drive.

Sponsored

bac4uw

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Dodge Durange R/T, Kia Soul EV
Occupation
Biostatistician
Jan surprised me on Tuesday Night when we had to ā€œGo down to SeaTac to sign the report for the Port Authority for when our Catalytic Converter was stolen from the Prius a few months backā€ Turns out it was a whole ploy and we were picking up my Mom from the Airport.

Then this happened a few days laterā€¦

My photos and video from the Mobile Test Drive.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cpJD5N7uWq41XCej9

This is pretty much a glimpse into 12-year old me after I chose to get a ā€˜Mountain Bikeā€™ while all my other friends were still riding BMX, and pushing their bikes up the steep hills in our neighborhood. ;)

Pictured: My wife JanRose, my mom Rayna, my good friend and Tesla Model 3 owner Meridith, the Rivian Guide ā€˜Joeā€™, and me in the Rear View Mirror.

Enjoy and ask away. :cool:

Editors Notes- The Launch Green Paint is no joke and very Pea-Soupy-Gray-Camo-Chameleon. I can now attest with how difficult it is to white balance correctly! You can see in the photos it looks way more Gray in towards the front with the bluer-tones of an overcast PNW Day where the Garage ceiling LEDā€™s appear warmer instead of brighter white. The rear-quarter panel photos from inside are much closer to how it actually looks to the eye.

Fun Geography-White-Balance-Photo Fact for Geeks- If I shot this same exact setup in SoCal or Florida, or anywhere closer to the equator for that matter, the daylight shots would appear a little warmer because daylight appears warmer as you get closer to the equator and cooler towards the poles. If I recall from my photography classes in college it has something to do with Earthā€™s atmosphere and which angle the sunlight hits at, or something to that extent. You throw in really deep reflective amazing paint colors and this is what you get. ?
So awesome...! Thanks for sharing...

It is Christmas morning for me... hoping Santa is bringing me Launch Green at 10am. And, like a little kid, I was up at like 4:30am thinking about opening my presents...

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

So awesome...! Thanks for sharing...

It is Christmas morning for me... hoping Santa is bringing me Launch Green at 10am. And, like a little kid, I was up at like 4:30am thinking about opening my presents...
Thank your Mom and Jan for helping to make us feel like we are part of your family. Exciting and informative.