Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
I'm compiling a list of questions for the Seattle event. Let me know if there is something you'd like me to ask about for you.

And, is anyone from this forum going to the 4pm time slot? I'll be wearing a "Lil'O Annie" badge--say HI!!

Rivian R1T R1S Seattle Rivian Event (photos, reactions). Blue R1T + more details revealed RivianAnnieSandyRT1Seattle
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I'll be there!

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

***EDIT #6***

Questions for the Seattle gang! Help those of us that can't make it out...please!!

- Is the ride height adjustment stalk on the column making the final production models?

- What is behind the square that says Rivian to the right of the "GO" pedal on the firewall?

- What is the second window switch on the front passenger door used for?

- Can the wireless charger in the center armrest be covered up by sliding the armrest forward, thus keeping the phone safe from becoming a projectile in case of an accident?

- What will the final product look like for the headrest USB covers?

- Rumor out of the ATL event has it that the 3 interior options, Lunar Rock, Forest Edge, and Black Mountain are not finalized, is this the case??

- What is the likelihood of an EVSE partnership? (Free or Subsidized charging at EA, EVGo, or ChargePoint for X amount of months or X amount of kWh per month)

***What other Alexa integrations can we expect? e.g., Lock/Unlock, Pre-condition the A/C or Heat, Heated & Ventilated Seats, Open/Close the Tonneau, Open/Close the tailgate to both 90 & 180 degree positions, Summon(Please), Adjust the tint level on the Electrochromatic moonroof(if equipped), Open/Close windows, etc. Seattle is the home of Amazon...Not totally coincidental with the Rivian Van announcement, but maybe there is more Amazon news***

***Will the full roll-down windows on the rear doors as seen on the Argentina trucks make it to the production models? Or will they be the 3/4 glass like what the event truck has??

***When can we expect the Configurator to go live so we can build our Rivians??***

***How much of the show truck will be STANDARD features?*** (e.g., Powered Tonneau, Autonomy, Dash trim, Interior frunk and gear tunnel lighting, Alcantara headliner, wireless mobile phone charger, etc.)

***What does the "Ambient" button located between the Auto and Sync buttons on the Climate page do?***

***What does the horn sound like? Please don't be wimpy.***

If anyone going doesn't mind checking back here for any edits before the event on Friday that would be swell.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Jim--I'll add them to my list of questions. GOOD QUESTIONS!!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Additional questions:

• Has the "packaging" for the rear of the R1S been finalized? Does it include the inflatable spare tire & air compressor access?
  • Any updates they can share on audio system (brand, # of speakers, subwoofer options)?
  • Locations of 12v DC & 120v AC power outlets (frunk, interior, & R1S cargo/R1T bed)
  • Possibility of a split bench front seat (middle seat with fold down backrest)?
  • Will smart charging options be built into the vehicle, or will owners need to rely on the capabilities of their home charger?
  • What are the recording capabilities of the onboard cameras? Anything like Tesla sentry mode?
  • Any data available on insulation properties or heat/cold performance of the various roof options?
  • R1S cargo area dimensions
I know this is a bunch of questions, especially along with @jimcgov3 's, so maybe Seattle attendees could divide & conquer. ;-)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Skyote-Added your questions to my list. LOTS of questions to ask. They'll get real tired of me by the end. :giggle: I'm thinking I'll be lucky to get answers to half.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Skyote-Added your questions to my list. LOTS of questions to ask. They'll get real tired of me by the end. :giggle: I'm thinking I'll be lucky to get answers to half.
I assume you've never been to an event. They will answer every question you ask... If they can. Find Connor, the guy in the attached image. He will be more than happy to answer your questions or point you to a person who can.

Rivian R1T R1S Seattle Rivian Event (photos, reactions). Blue R1T + more details revealed Screenshot_20190925-051445_Facebook

OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
I didn't mean to imply that they would not be willing to answer my questions, I'm just thinking there may not be answers to some of the them as yet.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I didn't mean to imply that they would not be willing to answer my questions, I'm just thinking there may not be answers to some of the them as yet.
Ah. Sorry.

Definitely don't burn up your 2 hour time slot asking questions the whole time either.

We are all looking forward to the Seattle debrief and pictures. Hopefully with new details like colors or an EVSE partnership.

Thanks!

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Annie, I'm going as well. We should split some of these up and/or ask the same questions to multiple people to see if we get the same answers!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Sounds like a plan! How about you take Skyote's questions and I'll take Jim's.

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score