Sponsored

Seattle Rivian Event (photos, reactions). Blue R1T + more details revealed

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
Sorry, I was talking about the R1S, the SUV...:). Excited to see it in person.
The R1S SUV is under 200". From the Rivian spec sheet (converted from metric to imperial):

Overall length:
R1T: 215.5" = 17' 11.5"
R1S: 198.4" = 16' 6.4"
Sponsored

SEARivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T - El Cap Granite, 20"AT Black
Interesting idea. To expound on that a little, since Amazon doesn't expect the first batch (10k) vehicles to hit the road until 2022, and on top of that as you indicated in only concentrated geographic areas, I suspect it will be quite a few years before these chargers become widely available especially for long trips. (Similarly with the level 2 data that will be collected.) None the less, more charging locations is always good. Question will be, how much will Amazon charge to use them. Perhaps it will be free if you're an Amazon Prime subscriber? (wink-wink Amazon ;))
Yeah not sure what the setup will be. He made it sound like there could be an option for Rivian users to have access regardless if they're an Amazon customer. Perhaps they will work with Amazon to make them available to Rivian owners as part of the deal for building out the infrastructure. He did say that this is not the only strategy related to deploying charging stations which is not too surprising since Rivian has said they expect some sort of charging network. The Amazon network could be in addition to whatever other plans they have which would be great.

Sponsored

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
Interesting. Apparently Rivian has extended the length of both the R1T and R1S by around 2" since the original spec was released. The website now indicates the R1T overall length is now 217.1".
Oh interesting indeed! I wonder if that's to help better fit the 180 kWh battery option. At one point they were saying that option would slightly intrude into the gear tunnel. Maybe with the 2" extension this won't be necessary?

Rhinotjv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra, 2018 Highlander Hybrid
I just noticed that they took down the Seattle tweet for some reason.

Sponsored

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
I LOVE that blue. Love it. I hope they keep it, and offer it on the R1S!
This past Sunday I attended the Rivian free public event in Normal, IL. While talking with the team lead of the R1S I asked him if all 8 exterior colors will be available for both EAVs. He said yes and that the colors that have been revealed so far will be available for the production vehicles.
Sponsored