First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
how would you rank the work? Rivian is offering XPEL stealth pricing for $4500 so wondering if any of these shops will price match them?
Accutint in Seattle will.
Sponsored

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 diesel, sold the BMW
Occupation
Contractor
The work was really well done. Josh the detail manager at the Bellevue SC said it was the best job he had seen.

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
The work was really well done. Josh the detail manager at the Bellevue SC said it was the best job he had seen.
What was their turnaround time? I see they did a lot of disassembly, was everything put back and functional?

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 diesel, sold the BMW
Occupation
Contractor
What was their turnaround time? I see they did a lot of disassembly, was everything put back and functional?
Took about a week and half. Also tinted the windows and did ceramic. Everything went back together fine. The disassembly is the only way to do a stealth install IMO. Just a ppf you can stop short of the edges. Stealth has to wrap to look good.

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
Took about a week and half. Also tinted the windows and did ceramic. Everything went back together fine. The disassembly is the only way to do a stealth install IMO. Just a ppf you can stop short of the edges. Stealth has to wrap to look good.
Very useful, thanks for the info! Just trying to gather as much as I can.

Sponsored

bgmaxey

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Public Safety
My R1T - Superior Auto Shine

Hi, just got my R1T back from Superior Auto Shine in Tacoma. PPF on the entire front, A&B pillars, and upper tailgate section, and ceramic coating on the rest of truck. I am no expert, but the process was painless, look three days (really two full), and Raphael was informative and helpful. It's a small business and they care about customers. I am very happy with the result.

They have also done several R1Ts now.

Cheers.

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
My R1T - Superior Auto Shine

Hi, just got my R1T back from Superior Auto Shine in Tacoma. PPF on the entire front, A&B pillars, and upper tailgate section, and ceramic coating on the rest of truck. I am no expert, but the process was painless, look three days (really two full), and Raphael was informative and helpful. It's a small business and they care about customers. I am very happy with the result.

They have also done several R1Ts now.

Cheers.
Looks great! What type of film do they use?

HannoverFist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, '21 Plaid, '18 M3 Perf, '21 Livewire
Occupation
Computer Hardware Architect
Another vote for:

Kimball’s Hands On Detailing
6755 Kimball Drive, Gig Harbor, WA 98335, US
+13606210025
[email protected]
https://kimballshandsondetailing.com/

Great folks and they do great work: just got my Silver R1T back from them with new PPF, Tint, and Ceramic.

-HF

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

I just got off the phone with Accutint in Shoreline.

They were not really interested to honor the XPEL Rivian deal.

Turns out XPEL does not reimburse them for the difference between what they normally charge and the $4500 that Rivian is offering, so that explains why a lot of shops are not interested, as that Is $2k+ below what they normally charge!

He quoted me $6500 for the full stealth package, with either satin or clear XPEL ULTIMATE. This would have 10 year warranty, instead of the 5 years with Rivian. They also offer the XPEL ceramic treatment, with a 4 year warranty, for $1400.

All in all, a lot of coin…

Sponsored

OP
OP
SeaGeo

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I just got off the phone with Accutint in Shoreline.

They were not really interested to honor the XPEL Rivian deal.

Turns out XPEL does not reimburse them for the difference between what they normally charge and the $4500 that Rivian is offering, so that explains why a lot of shops are not interested, as that Is $2k+ below what they normally charge!

He quoted me $6500 for the full stealth package, with either satin or clear XPEL ULTIMATE. This would have 10 year warranty, instead of the 5 years with Rivian. They also offer the XPEL ceramic treatment, with a 4 year warranty, for $1400.

All in all, a lot of coin…
For what its worth, several folks have had a good experience with Gregg and Accutint, and they are a lot less expensive than others in the area. If you want to get Rivian pricing there are a few shops. One I spoke to said they can't do paint correction and wouldn't need to buff off ceramic to put PPF on... so do your due diligence.

Regarding them not price matching, as you noted they decided not to, for obvious reasons.

SeattleClearBra

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Occupation
Paint Protection Film Window Tint Vinyl Ceramic Installer
Clubs

Wanted to say hello to you all in this thread, as Seattle ClearBra has now become a sponsor of the Rivian forums. Here's our Rivian Forums introduction post where you'll see some of the work we've done and continue to do, on Rivian's.

Look forward to seeing some of y'all stop by the shop and getting a chance to see your Rivian.

We do honor the Rivian OEM PPF package at our Seattle ClearBra location along with our more custom installations we're known for as well.

If anyone has any questions, even if not local, or a prospective future client, feel free to ask or DM us direct. I've been installing Xpel clear bra PPF paint protection film for 19 years now so have a reasonably good idea about it all 😃.
Sponsored