Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

With VW's official launch of the Scout Motors website, we'd like to invite everyone interested to our new sister-site for the Scout EV pickup & SUV:

ScoutEVforum -- https://www.scoutevforum.com

And here's the new Scout official teaser just posted by VW / Scout:

Rivian R1T R1S Scout EV pickup/SUV teaser released. Visit new sister-site @ ScoutEVforum.com Scout EV Concept Teaser Image (1)
Sponsored

Last edited:

rpmichelson

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Ford Explorer and R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Looks like a Rivian knockoff. Best of luck to them anyways though.

Reactions: Bee

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Iā€™d be interested in checking this out. That one singular picture doesnā€™t really do it for me though. I really dislike these cryptic ass releases. I wish when a company releases a vehicle they would post actual information instead of these teaser bullshit pictures.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
Iā€™m aroused by the tease shots. Props to VW for maintaining some cool retro design features from Scout legacy including heavily angled C/D pillar, high window belt line, tall front grill. See the teaser winch, sliders, A/B pillar grab handles. Sheā€™s aggressive yet streamlined.

Looks like a larger bed in the pickup? Yea, yea, itā€™s just a rendering but one can hope.

Rivian R1T R1S Scout EV pickup/SUV teaser released. Visit new sister-site @ ScoutEVforum.com 4ED13484-3851-407D-8681-07C955BCF23E

Rivian R1T R1S Scout EV pickup/SUV teaser released. Visit new sister-site @ ScoutEVforum.com 60E1BEA3-C34A-417D-B0B7-5309D7B1FAB9

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I like it. Kind looks like an R1T and a Kia EV9 had a love child.

Sponsored

Bee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning, '23 Ioniq 5
I hope they prove me wrong and I'm eating my hat but fake retro American SUV owned by Germans has little appeal to me. The R1x is already the electric Scout they want to build and it's built by Americans for Americans who do American things.

I don't need a car brought to me by the people who have brought us Electrify America whose main selling point is it exists and is more likely to work than the others but still likely to give you problems more often than not. Oh and only because our government forced them to because they were defrauding our citizens to pollute our skies.

VAG is going to have to prove itself to me first. It's already appeared to have lost round 1 with the 2026 launch, I somehow doubt it'll convince me to nab it for round 2 and beyond. As long as Jeep doesn't screw it all up my next off-roading electric vehicle should be a Wrangler.

I've owned 6 VWs, I'm a VW guy, sorry, this isn't for me. Nor am I VW guy anymore. ID.x infotainment sealed that deal for me. You spent all that equity VAG, it's gone. Bye!

anotherburrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3 LR + Boost
I don't think I've seen a front tire closer to the front bumper in any vehicle than that rendering. I know, I know it's just a rendering but I can't look beyond it.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
I spend too much time on this forum, for an EV I am actually going to buy. Why would I visit the Scout forum?

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I don't think I've seen a front tire closer to the front bumper in any vehicle than that rendering. I know, I know it's just a rendering but I can't look beyond it.
It really is pushed up that corner isn't it!

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I was thinking EV6 but I guess the headlight is in there between the FE and the wheel while on the scout render it's above the wheel.

Certainly wouldn't expect much of a front trunk with that design.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I don't need a car brought to me by the people who have brought us Electrify America whose main selling point is it exists and is more likely to work than the others but still likely to give you problems more often than not. Oh and only because our government forced them to because they were defrauding our citizens to pollute our skies.
To be fair no one I know who bought a TDI (myself included) did it out of a desire to clean up the skies or any other environment driven motivation. It was all about the 50+ mpg fuel economy and nothing more.
Sponsored