First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
I've done plenty of forest roads, bumpy and potsholes galore, with the AS while loaded with RTT and bikes just fine.
To add... When I owned a lowly Honda Element, shod with all-seasons, I went off-roading across the Nevada desert and mountains SW of Vegas. Limitations were defined by ground clearance and capabilities of the car's part-time front-biased AWD system. Not so much the tires, if you pick your path and place them right. ATs are not mandatory for off-pavement use, up to a point. If a lowly Element could go far, surely the R1 can go further on all-seasons.

I just wish there was an all-season tire that looked better. So I could have my cake and eat it too.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I just wish there was an all-season tire that looked better. So I could have my cake and eat it too.
I'll admit AS+3 isn't the sexiest and has a habit of going brown on me, but I blame the dusty/muddy FS road near our cabin. Those Michelins look a little better.

Firstlast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Any guesses as to how the new Defender LTX M/S 2 tire would compare to the Scorpion? It's available in the 275/60R20 size (116H XL) and it's "EV ready".

DefenderLTX.jpg
I've had these on my R1T for about 2 weeks. Unsure what I am doing wrong as I am not getting anywhere close to those numbers. Additionally, I had my SC change the car from 20's with AT to the 21 inch with road wheels. Since that change, my speedometer is consistently 2-3mph faster than my actual speed. Also averaging 1.7 kwh/m in AP 70-75mph. In conserve my average is 2.3-2.5 70-75mph. On a positive note, the reduction in tire noise is greatly appreciated. Please share wisdom on how to improve efficiency. (2022, R1T, 20 inch rims with LTX ms2 (275/60/20).

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I've had these on my R1T for about 2 weeks. Unsure what I am doing wrong as I am not getting anywhere close to those numbers. Additionally, I had my SC change the car from 20's with AT to the 21 inch with road wheels. Since that change, my speedometer is consistently 2-3mph faster than my actual speed. Also averaging 1.7 kwh/m in AP 70-75mph. In conserve my average is 2.3-2.5 70-75mph. On a positive note, the reduction in tire noise is greatly appreciated. Please share wisdom on how to improve efficiency. (2022, R1T, 20 inch rims with LTX ms2 (275/60/20).
Is there another thread about these tires and efficiency? Might want to cross-post that info and start tracking it with pics and such. That sounds absolutely awful, and my intuition is the increased rotational weight is impacting.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Since that change, my speedometer is consistently 2-3mph faster than my actual speed.
This is actually normal for all factory spec cars. Intentional margin of error/safety. Corporate engineers and lawyers.

Also, you really have to take others' efficiency results with a grain of salt. A lot of variables involved like climate, terrain and driving habits. I deal with A LOT of traffic and if I can see anywhere close to 2.0 kW/mi with my factory 20/AT, I consider it a lucky trip. This gentleman (who is probably here also) is seeing incredible numbers out of a hybrid MT/AT tire, which has me very intrigued. Harder rubber compound perhaps? https://s00n.rivianstories.com/posts/new-shoes-updated?utm_source=manual
Sponsored

Last edited: