Schedule Charging At Home Not working

Dan_Foothill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Corvette C7 ZO6, MB C300
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone had trouble charging the truck at home with a schedule. My GPS says that I am 50ft away from home so it will not charge per a schedule. It charges immediately when plugged in. I have a pretty long drive way so I am sure that is what is messing it up. The odd thing is the other services that are linked to my house such as gear guard and the proximity locking when home features work just fine. The white arrow is where the car thinks my house is. the blue arrow is where the car actually is and where my home charge is located.
Rivian R1T R1S Schedule Charging At Home Not working 68507536442__01AF6590-9BB7-42CD-A68D-6B85284C1BB2

Rivian R1T R1S Schedule Charging At Home Not working IMG_4159
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Disable and re-enable scheduled charging while parked in your normal charging spot. That should fix it.

OP
OP

Dan_Foothill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Disable and re-enable scheduled charging while parked in your normal charging spot. That should fix it.
Hey Thanks so much. That totally worked. I have had an open support ticket for like a week now and they had no idea how to fix it.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Hey Thanks so much. That totally worked. I have had an open support ticket for like a week now and they had no idea how to fix it.
No problem. This issue has been reported several times on here. Only reason I know how to fix it is because my address wasn't understood by the Rivian GPS until recently but I was able to get scheduled charging working by setting it up while at home.

OP
OP

Dan_Foothill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I sure it must get screwed up for a lot of people if this fixes the issue. When I picked up the truck at the service center they had me set up the schedule there.

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
PS your location says Orange Country, I do like the sounds of it though!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I sure it must get screwed up for a lot of people if this fixes the issue. When I picked up the truck at the service center they had me set up the schedule there.
Not sure why they would do that. The first step says park at your house. It seems like it triggers on GPS where the schedule is created and not the defined home location.

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Lucid Air Touring
Im having this issue too, Car will not do a scheduled charge. I have two home chargers a Charge Point & a Juice Box they work perfect on my other EV's but with the Rivian only in imitate charge mode, starts charging right away when connected. I tried setting the R1S to schedule charge with each of them and it failed and I tried setting the chargers to the PG&E schedule and it failed also when using the schedule on the chargers the charge port light goes red. When using the R1S schedule the port light is white until it reaches scheduled time and then it attempts multiple times and just fails to accept charge and port goes red. Have the car booked in for a service with Rivian
Sponsored