Sponsored

Saw my yet to be delivered truck on YT just now

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##
Our R1T is scheduled to be delivered this coming Wednesday, so to pass the time today I decide to watch new Rivian content online.

As I am surfing through I come across a video of a guy showing off a not yet delivered R1T. He starts showing the exterior and then jumps in the truck and shows the main screen and the VIN.......I compared it to the info I received from our guide (lists VIN), yep same truck.

He shows off a little more of the truck and then next thing he does is goes drive it to apparently show it off to someone he knows. That's pretty much all the video showed.

I did learn a couple of things, at the time of the video the driver's door looked to be a little out of alignment and the truck had less than 8 miles on it before he drove it.

Since the whole VIN is shown I'm debating if i want to link the video, but I thought I would share the story at the very least.

This has been the most surreal experience I have ever had purchasing, well, anything.

First the damage on delivery day, then the damage to the repair parts, to now seeing the replacement on youtube...crazy. It's so surreal, I literally thought with the way things are going I better check the VIN...haha ....I just laughed when i saw it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
So some yahoo is joy riding in the vehicle that's supposed to be delivered to you? Perhaps that's why there seem to be so many vehicles damaged around the time of delivery.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Was an employee driving it? Or someone at a repair shop?

I’d be sharing that link with rivian first thing Monday morning.

OP
OP
hed

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##
Was an employee driving it? Or someone at a repair shop?

I’d be sharing that link with rivian first thing Monday morning.
It looks like a delivery driver (he isn't speaking english but looks to be in the US) by a vehicle transport trailer.

He does a walk around and then jumps inside, then drives it to some office building nearby. He seems to be giddy and is very positive about it.

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
It looks like a delivery driver (he isn't speaking english but looks to be in the US) by a vehicle transport trailer.

He does a walk around and then jumps inside, then drives it to some office building nearby. He seems to be giddy and is very positive about it.
In all honesty this probably happens more often than we like to think, but this idiot decided to capture and upload the evidence. I don’t know if sharing with Rivian will accomplish anything more than future instances just not being filmed - either way, keep an eagle eye out on any issues when you take delivery. Good luck!

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I may share the video link. Just hesitant because it shows the entire VIN
I wouldn’t share it either. I would let Rivian know they have people sharing videos with VINs and other info etc.

I would download it and hang on to it in case you need it.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Holy carp! A JD Power Award candidate they are not. Takes the cake award maybe…

Sponsored

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
yeah i'd be on the phone with the guide. Especially if you have signed paperwork of mileage.

Why the fear of sharing the VIN? just curious, it's not like you can get a loan with a VIN or nothing, it's easier to find your deets other ways anyway.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

.🍿

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
If you do decide to share the video be sure to download it first

I think YouTubers can see referral sites and it could link back to this thread which could spook them into taking it down

Personally I'd say don't share it except with Rivian. I'd also say email it to your guide now.

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
I know it's not the video with your truck, but any chance this might be the same guy?

Sponsored