Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Get well Duck!
Thanks for the well wishes!

Fortunately, five days into symptoms, it doesn't feel much different from a cold now, but I'm taking all of the precautions as seriously as possible. At least it no longer feels like a horse sitting on my chest. Sitting upright and walking around the house regularly seems to help.

FWIW, double-vaxed and boosted right after Thanksgiving. Also, I tested negative late Tuesday night after two days of symptoms, but came up positive with another of the home tests at lunchtime yesterday, Thursday.

Thanks again and be safe, all!
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I legitimately didn't realize Lordstown was still trying to make the Endurance.
Honestly, this news stunned me, as well. I thought it was, at best, mothballed. I hope it's back underway and the folks around Northeast Ohio are busy at work.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Honestly, this news stunned me, as well. I thought it was, at best, mothballed. I hope it's back underway and the folks around Northeast Ohio are busy at work.
He seemed confident they were.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
I had to look up the Lordstown since I wasn’t familiar with it. Car and Driver had an article a week ago talking about the vehicle and basically said it was doubtful it would come to market and if it did, it didn’t compete very well against the EV trucks from Rivian, Ford, GM, etc.

While they still need to prove they can deliver thousands of vehicles, I think Rivian hit the market at the right time and getting out there “first” will help propel sales. It also helps that they are well capitalized.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 1974 914
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for the well wishes!

Fortunately, five days into symptoms, it doesn't feel much different from a cold now, but I'm taking all of the precautions as seriously as possible. At least it no longer feels like a horse sitting on my chest. Sitting upright and walking around the house regularly seems to help.

FWIW, double-vaxed and boosted right after Thanksgiving. Also, I tested negative late Tuesday night after two days of symptoms, but came up positive with another of the home tests at lunchtime yesterday, Thursday.

Thanks again and be safe, all!
Hope you get better soon man. I went through this on New Years eve. Was positive for 7 days and then it lingered on to a head cold which lasted another 2 weeks. So it messed me up for about 3 weeks and finally feel normal. But there were days where I thought this could be problematic and the last thing I want to worry about was Long COVID. The whole family got it. My kids were fine after 36 hours. My wife and I were messed up a lot longer with some symptoms that stayed with us for 2-weeks. After almost 25 days I still have slight fatigue but it's starting to go away now. Double Vaxxed but doc said the vaccine doesn't work well against Omicron. POS.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Hope you get better soon man. I went through this on New Years eve. Was positive for 7 days and then it lingered on to a head cold which lasted another 2 weeks. So it messed me up for about 3 weeks and finally feel normal. But there were days where I thought this could be problematic and the last thing I want to worry about was Long COVID. The whole family got it. My kids were fine after 36 hours. My wife and I were messed up a lot longer with some symptoms that stayed with us for 2-weeks. After almost 25 days I still have slight fatigue but it's starting to go away now. Double Vaxxed but doc said the vaccine doesn't work well against Omicron. POS.
Thanks for the well wishes and your story. I'm glad you're feeling better and starting to put it behind you. I hope you and your entire family escape its clutches soon. It's helpful to hear what still may lie ahead. Fortunately, with tons of family, friends, and a wonderful neighborhood, I've got a great cocoon and network of support around me.

Being completely sequestered, I've already reached the end of the internet twice this week. Thank God for the "Refresh" button! Who knew that Martians invented Tang at the same time Sputnik was launched and I was born? I'm still trying to figure out the multiple relationships there. I didn't realize I've been in the dark for so long. Fascinating stuff out there!

Thanks again for your kind words and input!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Wow, what are the chances of seeing both of those at the same charger? I was interested in the Endurance AND the Bollinger when they first released concepts. Then I saw what Rivian was doing and decided they were the only one actually trying to make a real vehicle that might see the road one day. That striping on the Endurance is just awful looking.
That striping looks like it's right out of the 70's. Starsky and Hutch would be proud!
Sponsored