Sponsored

Saw a humorous badge on a "competitor" that feels appropriate.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Was driving behind a Range Rover. They have the vehicle name in all caps word mark across the back of the vehicle as individual letter emblems:

R A N G E    R O V E R

The G was missing.

So it said something appropriate for an R1S to wear exploring Rivian's charging network:

R A N    E    R O V E R
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Saw this last summer in La Romana DR, got a good chuckle 🤭

Rivian R1T R1S Saw a humorous badge on a "competitor" that feels appropriate. 351A6996-B4DC-453E-B9A6-3192BBB0A40D

OP
OP
CharonPDX

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Ironically, I had a Rage Rover as I was coming home Friday evening. (Or technically very early Saturday.)

Midnight,/12:30ish, it was *SUPER* foggy. Like "can't see the freeway exit sign until I'm under it" foggy. Got off the freeway, turned on to the major road I take next. It's two lanes each way plus a center shared left turn lane. I was in the right lane, going the 35 MPH speed limit. There was a car in the lane next to me, going 1-2 MPH slower. Suddenly a Rage Rover came up from behind, got in the center left turn lane, and passed the two of us doing at least 10-20 MPH more than us.

Fairly deserted street, industrial area, but there are multiple places homeless people camp, so seeing people crossing in the middle of the block isn't unheard of, and this dude's blowing through the area way too fast for the conditions.

Came up to the next traffic light - it's red. There's a car in each "forward" lane, plus one in the left turn lane (which has become a "dedicated for each direction" with a proper left turn arrow.) There is also a right-turn lane. This is my turn. I see the Rage Rover get into the right turn lane, half expecting him to just blow through the red light, but he actually turns right. Joy.

I turn, flash my brights at him a couple times just to show annoyance. He takes off. I don't bother trying to catch up.

1/2 mile, my turn off this road arrives. It's a left turn. As I approach, I see him turn far ahead - can't quite tell if it's my turn or not. It was. He turned onto it - went about two car lengths, then stopped in the lane. Don't know why - maybe he was just waiting to see if I'd pass this turn. I turned, realized it was the same guy stopped, and just decided to go around so I was in front. As I got up next to him, he started to accelerate.

Obviously he didn't make it in front of me. For the next 1/2 mile on this curving two-lane road, he alternated tailgating me ridiculously close, and trying to pass me. Every time he'd try to pass (note: the whole stretch is no-passing, too many blind corners and hills,) I'd floor it, and shift just enough to the left to no leave him room; as soon as he gave up, I'd slow back down to the speed limit.

Came to a T intersection. I was turning right. He had dropped quite a bit back by this point thankfully. I turned right, he stopped at the stop sign for quite a while. New road (similar winding road no passing) I went around the first corner, and didn't see him. Thank goodness, he must have turned left-nope, there he is. This time he didn't try to pass me.

But we got to the first intersection, and I went straight. He turned left into the neighborhood, and I heard him floor it.

His left turn into the neighborhood put him in my neighborhood. Joy. A neighbor I don't know. I continue on this street until a later "main" road intersection. I turn left onto that main road, and two blocks later, he comes screaming from my left, making a right turn to face me head-on, taking the curve so fast he was in my oncoming lane before curving back into his proper opposite-direction lane. I had to slam on the brakes to avoid a head-on collision; and laid on the horn.

Obviously he wasn't actually wanting to go into that neighborhood, he was just going through it hoping to cut me off and get ahead of me at the intersection I turned at. Friction' insane driver. At that point, I was half expecting him to follow me home, but he went back to the road I had turned off and continued on his way.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Ironically, I had a Rage Rover as I was coming home Friday evening. (Or technically very early Saturday.)

Midnight,/12:30ish, it was *SUPER* foggy. Like "can't see the freeway exit sign until I'm under it" foggy. Got off the freeway, turned on to the major road I take next. It's two lanes each way plus a center shared left turn lane. I was in the right lane, going the 35 MPH speed limit. There was a car in the lane next to me, going 1-2 MPH slower. Suddenly a Rage Rover came up from behind, got in the center left turn lane, and passed the two of us doing at least 10-20 MPH more than us.

Fairly deserted street, industrial area, but there are multiple places homeless people camp, so seeing people crossing in the middle of the block isn't unheard of, and this dude's blowing through the area way too fast for the conditions.

Came up to the next traffic light - it's red. There's a car in each "forward" lane, plus one in the left turn lane (which has become a "dedicated for each direction" with a proper left turn arrow.) There is also a right-turn lane. This is my turn. I see the Rage Rover get into the right turn lane, half expecting him to just blow through the red light, but he actually turns right. Joy.

I turn, flash my brights at him a couple times just to show annoyance. He takes off. I don't bother trying to catch up.

1/2 mile, my turn off this road arrives. It's a left turn. As I approach, I see him turn far ahead - can't quite tell if it's my turn or not. It was. He turned onto it - went about two car lengths, then stopped in the lane. Don't know why - maybe he was just waiting to see if I'd pass this turn. I turned, realized it was the same guy stopped, and just decided to go around so I was in front. As I got up next to him, he started to accelerate.

Obviously he didn't make it in front of me. For the next 1/2 mile on this curving two-lane road, he alternated tailgating me ridiculously close, and trying to pass me. Every time he'd try to pass (note: the whole stretch is no-passing, too many blind corners and hills,) I'd floor it, and shift just enough to the left to no leave him room; as soon as he gave up, I'd slow back down to the speed limit.

Came to a T intersection. I was turning right. He had dropped quite a bit back by this point thankfully. I turned right, he stopped at the stop sign for quite a while. New road (similar winding road no passing) I went around the first corner, and didn't see him. Thank goodness, he must have turned left-nope, there he is. This time he didn't try to pass me.

But we got to the first intersection, and I went straight. He turned left into the neighborhood, and I heard him floor it.

His left turn into the neighborhood put him in my neighborhood. Joy. A neighbor I don't know. I continue on this street until a later "main" road intersection. I turn left onto that main road, and two blocks later, he comes screaming from my left, making a right turn to face me head-on, taking the curve so fast he was in my oncoming lane before curving back into his proper opposite-direction lane. I had to slam on the brakes to avoid a head-on collision; and laid on the horn.

Obviously he wasn't actually wanting to go into that neighborhood, he was just going through it hoping to cut me off and get ahead of me at the intersection I turned at. Friction' insane driver. At that point, I was half expecting him to follow me home, but he went back to the road I had turned off and continued on his way.
That guy needs to get a hobby or something.

Sponsored