Sponsored

Savannah (Skidaway Island) Charging Question

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
Wondering if anyone local in Savannah/Skidaway has any thoughts on a decent spot to charge. We're doing an Atlanta--> Skidaway road trip soon. The ride to Skidaway will be easy since I can leave home at 100% SoC and only have to stop briefly at the EA in Forsyth, but it's the ride home I'm thinking more about.

I'll be staying at inlaws on Skidaway and they don't have an EV so no L2 charging there (could trickle charge, but that won't do a whole lot over the course of a day). Hence I'll be leaving with much less than 100% SOC unless I can find somewhere to charge. I've mapped through ABRP and looked at PlugShare, etc., it seems like the charging situation in Savannah/Skidaway isn't great (an EA station in Pooler is my best bet). According to ABRP, I need to leave Skidaway with at least 88 SoC to make it back to the EA station in Forsyth on the way back to Atlanta, otherwise I've got to hit Pooler on my way out of town and it's a bit out of the way. (Although I could do Pooler-->Augusta RAN-->Atlanta, but that adds about 30 minutes to the drive).

So back to the original Q - does anyone local know of anything on/around Skidaway that I'm missing?
Sponsored

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

If you end up doing any of this, would be curious to hear how it goes for you - have considered Savannah or Jekyll a few times - wish the Pooler RAN would open up, feel that would have changed the math for me.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
The trip home shouldn’t be difficult with EA at Savannah and Forsyth, plus several other “lesser” L3 options. Your biggest challenge may be day-to-day during your stay.
Sponsored