Sponsored

ThatRivianGuy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Rivian R1T (Pre-Order)
Unfortunately not yet...I am hoping some customer would post some photos with a review. Next time I get the R1T (soon) I will make some if nobody made them first.
i will but i don’t have my truck yet. This thread and @twraps saved me about $3200.

we had our first mile mobile drive this week and really liked the Ride on the 21s. but not the look. Not any more. We changed our order and saved a ton!
Sponsored

psklenar

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Unfortunately not yet...I am hoping some customer would post some photos with a review. Next time I get the R1T (soon) I will make some if nobody made them first.
I submitted my order last night. 👍

pat----

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Wheel Wizard?

It was in for service and mentioned what I wanted to do to my service advisor and when they brought my truck back it had black center caps on it. I think he was making up for the service call, which wasn’t that bad.
I find it interesting that the service center has center caps available, but they aren't up on the Gear Shop yet. Wondering how limited the supply is of center caps. This will be my first question to the service center / my guide (AUG/SEP estimated delivery)

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I’m willing to be a guinea for you if you want to send some my way. 😂

I have been impressed with your packaging/shipping and looking forward to installing the items I bought once I get my truck today.

CoachCary1

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Marketing CFO
Clubs

Hi, I just got a quote for powder coating 4 wheels for $500 including the installation process. Drop off in the morning and pick up in the evening. I used them for my model 3 last week. Turn key and Excellent work. Location Orange County CA.

Sponsored

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Hi, I just got a quote for powder coating 4 wheels for $500 including the installation process. Drop off in the morning and pick up in the evening. I used them for my model 3 last week. Turn key and Excellent work. Location Orange County CA.
I’m in OC and that seems like a really good price for solid work. I paid more than that ~10yrs ago. Who’s this?

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I submitted my order last night. 👍

pat----
Please post it when they're installed! I've been waiting patiently to see how the Twrap 21's turn out!

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson

CoachCary1

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Marketing CFO
Clubs

I will, should be picking up my R1T next week, the train just arrived today in Riverside and will take delivery next week in Costa Mesa at the delivery center. I already have an appointment for powder coating wheels and will post photos after completed.

Sponsored

Bop

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2020
Occupation
Retired
Really, really looks OUTSTANDING!
The black looks like a gloss, or is it a satin?
Enjoy Cary!

CoachCary1

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Marketing CFO
Clubs

Gloss Black. Thanks, I am enjoying it.

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
Maybe they'll learn when not enough people order them and reconsider. Even at $1,500, I probably would have done it. But, for $3,500, figured I can easily get a set of custom wheels, tires and sensors and have a second set of wheels and tires, instead of just one set for that much. Which is exactly what I did. Spent about $2,500 to $3,000 and have a complete second set.
I think you’ll have a difficult time getting a set of forged aluminum wheels and tires that fit the wheel well for at least some time under $3500. Seems to be about $600 minimum each for forged wheels and about 1700 for a set of ATs. Figure another $100 for TPMS and mount and balance per wheel.

The dark wheels are painted, not powder coated and what you’re paying for is the depth of the coating. I think this is hard to appreciate and makes it more of an apples to oranges comparison. The oranges look a lot like apples though.

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
I did the same thing last week and love the look of the truck now. Tried putting aftermarket wheels and tires on but they rubbed. I figure in a year or 2 the aftermarket guys will start building some wheels to fit the Rivian odd ball offset and lug pattern. I just didn’t love any of the factory options and really didn‘t want to go up to the 22’s. I was able to get some black center caps from the service center

127243F8-C932-4EA4-8E8A-57A12C16BC00.jpeg
Very nice! You mention that you tried some aftermarket wheels/tires, but they rubbed. What size(s) did you try? Do you think 285s would rub on the 21"s? I know you didn't want to go with the 22"s, but since you've played around a bit and, if you don't think 285s would rub on 21"s, do you think they'd rub on the 22"s? Thoughts from anyone else would be appreciated as well.
Sponsored