Sponsored

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Well I changed to 21” wheels last Wednesday and I just got assigned a Guide! Holy crap! I was slated for the October/November window as of the June update when I had 22” wheels configured. I haven’t actually talked to my Guide yet to see if the change to 21” wheels moved me up or what.
Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I added these to the LA Silver thread but I'll also add them here for additional reference:

LA Silver with 21" satin black powder coated wheels
Rivian R1T R1S Satin Black Powder Coated Rivian Factory 21" Wheels IMG_2556

Rivian R1T R1S Satin Black Powder Coated Rivian Factory 21" Wheels IMG_2557

I think the 21" wheels look great in black and it eliminates the "flower" design/effect that many people don't like. Personally, I liked the 21" wheels as they were, but I do like them better satin black.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

I added these to the LA Silver thread but I'll also add them here for additional reference:

IMG_2556.jpg

IMG_2557.jpg

I think the 21" wheels look great in black and it eliminates the "flower" design/effect that many people don't like. Personally, I liked the 21" wheels as they were, but I do like them better satin black.
That looks really sharp. Well done! Any plan for center caps?

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I did the same thing last week and love the look of the truck now. Tried putting aftermarket wheels and tires on but they rubbed. I figure in a year or 2 the aftermarket guys will start building some wheels to fit the Rivian odd ball offset and lug pattern. I just didn’t love any of the factory options and really didn‘t want to go up to the 22’s. I was able to get some black center caps from the service center

127243F8-C932-4EA4-8E8A-57A12C16BC00.jpeg

3DE81D0B-89FB-41B7-9CAE-0914571DE3D7.jpeg

3504C01B-CB2A-4464-93B8-4845A5C6781B.jpeg
Do you still have your aero inserts? Any chance if you do of posting a pic of the wheels with them installed?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

IMG_2556.jpg

IMG_2557.jpg

Do you mind sharing what that cost and how long it took?

Looks great in the pictures.

Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

That looks really sharp. Well done! Any plan for center caps?
For now I ordered generic black center caps and will add vinyl Rivian logos from a vendor. Once the center caps are added to the gear shop I’ll probably switch to those if they look nicer.

Do you mind sharing what that cost and how long it took?

Looks great in the pictures.
Total was $750. $150 per wheel plus a $25 per wheel mount fee (plus taxes). Took less than a day. Dropped the car off at 8am and it was ready by 3pm.

Bop

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2020
Occupation
Retired
Wow, really really love all the satin wheels. I just changed my config. again from paying for the 20's and going with the free 21's. Thank you for all the great pictures. Definitely a game changer!

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Here’s the tire with the aero inserts, unfortunately not on the vehicle…
90EE1CEA-7DFC-460E-B5D5-8E0C0CD207FE.jpeg
Thanks for posting that! Would definitely like to see that on a truck and with the center cap pictured.

I don’t mind that look, but dislike that the covers in general hide so much of the yellow calipers.

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

@twraps how durable are these vinyl wheel covers?
Nobody knows, as I haven't been selling them long enough...I've been selling the 20" All Terrain wheel wraps for a couple of months and so far no issues. I use 3M auto vinyl so generally this is the go-to standard in wraps and it should hold, but as I said - I have no statistical reference yet, as it hasn't been long enough.

anotherburrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3 LR + Boost
Nobody knows, as I haven't been selling them long enough...I've been selling the 20" All Terrain wheel wraps for a couple of months and so far no issues. I use 3M auto vinyl so generally this is the go-to standard in wraps and it should hold, but as I said - I have no statistical reference yet, as it hasn't been long enough.
That's pretty tempting since my wheels would still be two-tone, just black and dark gray vs the silver. Plus if I hate it I'm only out a hundred bucks. Any chance you have photos of the black color installed on a wheel? Your video doesn't show a wide shot of the finished wheel at the end.

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

That's pretty tempting since my wheels would still be two-tone, just black and dark gray vs the silver. Plus if I hate it I'm only out a hundred bucks. Any chance you have photos of the black color installed on a wheel? Your video doesn't show a wide shot of the finished wheel at the end.
Unfortunately not yet...I am hoping some customer would post some photos with a review. Next time I get the R1T (soon) I will make some if nobody made them first.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Mmmm looks really good all black with the aero covers! Then again I hate the wheels without the covers *ducks*
Sponsored