Sponsored

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
I just got some decent curb rash in Moab. I couldn't care less. I bought this truck to use it!
Sponsored

Avi

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Quad
I ditched the aero covers and had my wheels powder coated satin black. Changes the look of the truck completely. I have custom made Rivian center caps (see my other thread) that will go on after I get the truck back from being ceramic coated.

PXL_20220708_010631428.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20220708_010639017.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20220708_010718938.jpg

PXL_20220708_010607047.jpg
Hi, I just picked up my new R1T yesterday with the 21" wheels. I was going to drive it directly to the powder coat guy here in Vancouver, but he called me and said he didn't feel comfortable leaving the the truck on blocks after he takes off all 4 wheels like he normally does. Curious how your vehicle was held up? Any suggestions how we can safely and reliably hold the vehicle up for a few days after all the wheels are removed? I don't have a hoist.

OP
OP
SACDFJC

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
You can either use jack pucks or remove the plastic panels that expose the jack points on the frame. If it were me, I would get a good set of jack stands and remove the plastic covers. It should be fine sitting for a few days on jack stands. I would also think that it should be fine setting on 4 jacks (one at each corner) and some jack pucks.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
You can either use jack pucks or remove the plastic panels that expose the jack points on the frame. If it were me, I would get a good set of jack stands and remove the plastic covers. It should be fine sitting for a few days on jack stands. I would also think that it should be fine setting on 4 jacks (one at each corner) and some jack pucks.
There’s a weight rating on the jacks. Even my local Americas Tire doesn’t have four, so having four jack pucks wasn’t very helpful during my tire rotation. Def scared of dropping off for a powder coat to a shop that’s never done a rivian or tesla.
Sponsored