First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Red Canyon/Forest Edge, 21” wheels
Occupation
Home inspector
Well, that absolutely confirms that the door flashlight doesn’t contain the “7777th identical cell” - as my flashlight contains a 3.2V, 2Ah cell:

3D7EF32C-CB12-4F25-8591-8BBD19FBC980.jpeg
Bummer - i've been showing the battery in the door off as what runs my truck.
Sponsored

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
And the picnic hamper.
Funnily enough, I'd happily pay a modest premium for a bespoke "picnic" kit … something that fits snugly in the frunk, plugs in with a food cooler, quality, durable, recycled materials, sustainable … like the floor mats … that sort of thing …

The last thing I want is third party generic products that don't take advantage of Rivian features but have a Rivian logo and cost 50% more …

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Funnily enough, I'd happily pay a modest premium for a bespoke "picnic" kit … something that fits snugly in the frunk, plugs in with a food cooler, quality, durable, recycled materials, sustainable … like the floor mats … that sort of thing …

The last thing I want is third party generic products that don't take advantage of Rivian features but have a Rivian logo and cost 50% more …
All right then. $46k will get you the RR one. On a more serious note I think that's a bit silly. But, I too would love a nice picnic hamper for the R1. Truth be told I miss picnics.

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
A pity. The 7777th cell would have been a very cool engineering detail instead of a marketing half-truth. Presumably a well-intentioned idea diluted by the practical limits of manufacturing the flashlight itself. Which reminds me, anyone actually used that flashlight purposefully? : )
I can't recall the last time I thought to use it (I have work lights and the phone light …)
I use it all the time, as it's the one flashlight in the house that's always in the same place, and has a charge. I've not told my wife about it for that reason :)

Sponsored

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

A pity. The 7777th cell would have been a very cool engineering detail instead of a marketing half-truth. Presumably a well-intentioned idea diluted by the practical limits of manufacturing the flashlight itself. Which reminds me, anyone actually used that flashlight purposefully? : )
I can't recall the last time I thought to use it (I have work lights and the phone light …)
We went camping last weekend, used that as my primary flashlight each night.

Hoo D. Hoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Prius, 2022 Pacifica PHEV, 2023 Bolt EUV
Occupation
Curmudgeon
All right then. $46k will get you the RR one. On a more serious note I think that's a bit silly. But, I too would love a nice picnic hamper for the R1. Truth be told I miss picnics.
I still have vivid, cinematic recall of a certain picnic in 1980.
Sponsored