First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I meant the mistakenly by the leather since as we know it is not.
My 2005 mini cooper had a very similar feeling product that they called leatherette. I was very impressed with how it held up and hope the Rivian product will hold up similarly.

Everyone that was in the Mini Cooper thought it was actual leather after some time I just stopped correcting them. 🤷🏻
Sponsored

shumdit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 and counting….
Clubs

Sorry to appear dense, but is it true there is no AM radio? I mainly listen to talk radio and local oldies am station. I was disappointed to hear Ford has dropped Am radio from the F150 Lightning.
I have a R1S LA BM 21 on order. Estimated First half of 24; If Rivian is still in business.
So AM radio is not present in most EV’s for a simple Reason: there is electromagnetic interference from electric motors which generate frequencies comparable in wavelength to AM radio signals.

ER1T

First Name
Er
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT
Hard to imagine a more glowing one year review.

They both freely state that they are nitpicking. However as long as we are engaged in the favorite forum activity of nitpicking their nitpicking, why is everyone overlooking the "full leather interior" bit?
I heard that too!

Sponsored

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Don't I recall Munro and Associates publishing an exhaustive seat tear down? With lots of discussion of materials and critique of design choices? I also seem to recall her resume is heavy with vehicle interior design experience at (GM?).

I get it, publishing a lot of content must be exhausting. And they seem like nice people who love their Rivian.

It just seems odd to me that they didn't do a little more prep. Members here, myself included, are quick to point out errors of random youtubers who happen to own an iPhone. But these folks apparently make quite a good living documenting and providing *professional* reports.

And this isn't the first video from them that has been riddled with error. Remember the Driver +/Cruise guy?

Shouldn't they be held to a slightly higher standard of accuracy than the average person?

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
They both freely state that they are nitpicking. However as long as we are engaged in the favorite forum activity of nitpicking their nitpicking, why is everyone overlooking the "full leather interior" bit?
It is real and made out of free range vegans.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Nice rack, on that truck!

CO-rayman

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge, ...
So AM radio is not present in most EV’s for a simple Reason: there is electromagnetic interference from electric motors which generate frequencies comparable in wavelength to AM radio signals.

My BMW i3 had the AM available and it worked well. It was disabled from the factory and I just needed to use an app (Bimmer-Code) to unlock the AM and many other features.

CO-rayman

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge, ...