First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
How can someone that breaks down a vehicle to every last screw be completely clueless to the fact that the truck does come with a wireless charger?

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
How can someone that breaks down a vehicle to every last screw be completely clueless to the fact that the truck does come with a wireless charger?
Because heā€™s old

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
love the holster-style hands in pocket Sandy rocks.

CO-rayman

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge, ...
Yes, I was surprised that both Sandy and Sue repeatedly said there is no "induction charger" in the R1T.

I would guess they both didn't catch it because the phone has to be in a very specific spot and as soon as you go around a turn a little too fast, it slides out of alignment.

I personally tried the wireless charging for a few days after I got my truck and went to the wired charging because it works every time.

It's funny that the Munro group is so detail oriented but then misses something like this that is mentioned in the manual.

Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Did anyone else notice how quiet his tonneau was? On videos Iā€™ve seen and the few Iā€™ve interacted with it was so loud. I also noticed he had the V1 (nicer) LED light strips in the bed vs the V2 with individual bulbs visible. Wonder if it was a pristine example since it was going to Munro.

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Yes, I was surprised that both Sandy and Sue repeatedly said there is no "induction charger" in the R1T.

I would guess they both didn't catch it because the phone has to be in a very specific spot and as soon as you go around a turn a little too fast, it slides out of alignment.

I personally tried the wireless charging for a few days after I got my truck and went to the wired charging because it works every time.

It's funny that the Munro group is so detail oriented but then misses something like this that is mentioned in the manual.
As I have shared in other threads, the wireless charger was one of the biggest positive surprises when I got my truck. I knew it had one, just didn't expect it to be so good based on the constant griping here. I think it is just phone dependent, and good ones like mine are probably the minority. All I know is that for my Galaxy Note 8 with an Incipio hard case and my wife's Galaxy 9, it picks up the charger nearly immediately and very rarely slides around unless I'm really driving aggressively or off road.

CO-rayman

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge, ...
As I have shared in other threads, the wireless charger was one of the biggest positive surprises when I got my truck. I knew it had one, just didn't expect it to be so good based on the constant griping here. I think it is just phone dependent, and good ones like mine are probably the minority. All I know is that for my Galaxy Note 8 with an Incipio hard case and my wife's Galaxy 9, it picks up the charger nearly immediately and very rarely slides around unless I'm really driving aggressively or off road.
That makes sense. I switched to a Z-flip 4 because it was lighter and that's probably why it slides around very easily, even with a rubberized case on it.

Or, maybe I should slow down more :lipssealed:

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Did anyone else notice how quiet his tonneau was? On videos Iā€™ve seen and the few Iā€™ve interacted with it was so loud.
YES

Sponsored

Tahoe Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
I'm not sure why many put him up on a pedestal. Did you see when he tried to use a EA charger for the first time?

I'm not poking fun at his age, many older people forget more them younger people will every know. I just don't see why he's suppose to be some sort of expert.

TxBeachRivian

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Clubs

Did anyone else notice how quiet his tonneau was? On videos Iā€™ve seen and the few Iā€™ve interacted with it was so loud. I also noticed he had the V1 (nicer) LED light strips in the bed vs the V2 with individual bulbs visible. Wonder if it was a pristine example since it was going to Munro.
Mine has been getting quieter as I use it and apply the RV window lubricant the service center recommended. It sounds similar. Really on clunk I hear now is when the last slat retracts. The other slats make a much quieter stacking sound.

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

he needs to stop mentioning what a great value the R1T is cause its only gonna make Rivian keep raising prices and/or lower quality.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Munro should tell Rivian to replace the wood behind the seat with a piece of plastic. I am sure we would all be cool with that.šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚
They did replace that trim piece with plastic on more recent vins FYI
Sponsored