San Francisco Rivian Event [Updated with impressions, info, photos]

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Great pic & angle to show the cargo area with the 3rd row in place. Along with the frunk, that's quite a bit...
Thanks. I asked where the compressor hookup is an the HR representative there did not know as this was still a prototype. Same for the spare tire.

clearly on the R1T the compressor hookup is clear:

Rivian R1T R1S San Francisco Rivian Event [Updated with impressions, info, photos] upload_2020-1-25_19-15-29
Sponsored

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
You canā€™t see the third row....but I tried

Rivian R1T R1S San Francisco Rivian Event [Updated with impressions, info, photos] upload_2020-1-25_19-21-20

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I think I like the tan seat color vs the dark color from the R1T

Rivian R1T R1S San Francisco Rivian Event [Updated with impressions, info, photos] upload_2020-1-25_19-23-20
Rivian R1T R1S San Francisco Rivian Event [Updated with impressions, info, photos] upload_2020-1-25_19-23-20

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
Yes, great shot! There has been some confusion (at least for me ) if the R1S has (or will have) the "3 USB-C and 3 110V outlets" like in the back of the R1T bed on the driver-side. Did you or anybody else happen to notice them on the R1S and their placement? Similarly for the air compressor. I know this has been mentioned before somewhere in this forum but I'm just not recalling where this landed.

UPDATE: Oops, my bad. I missed your earlier post re: the air compressor - "I asked where the compressor hookup is an the HR representative there did not know as this was still a prototype."
Still wondering about the outlets and USB ports in the R1S ... unless I overlooked that too. :whatsgoingon:

UPDATE2: Checked my notes from the Normal event back in October 2019 - "R1S will have USB and power outlets available in the cargo area like R1T, but no air compressor." (FYI @Lmirafuente @skyote and others)

Last edited:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I really hope they include an accessible compressor *attachment in the R1S. The air suspension requires a compressor, so I hope they can find the right place to let us use it in the R1S.

Sponsored

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I really hope they include an accessible compressor *attachment in the R1S. The air suspension requires a compressor, so I hope they can find the right place to let us use it in the R1S.
I will ask someone else tomorrow.

btw I like the white R1S...really sharp looking!

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Did you all see this article. Electric vehicle maker Rivian: expect prices lower than previously announced
https://flip.it/X8KdGf I will ask RJ tomorrow!

Rivian R1T R1S San Francisco Rivian Event [Updated with impressions, info, photos] upload_2020-1-25_20-10-57

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
Browsing the Instagram photos of the event, I came across this small detail:
Rivian R1T R1S San Francisco Rivian Event [Updated with impressions, info, photos] rivian-storage-cubby

I've seen the cup holders before, but right below it seems there's a handle for more pull-out storage that I haven't seen before.

Sponsored

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
Thanks for the great pics! Iā€™m pretty sold on the green R1S but the white looks better than I thought it would.

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
Browsing the Instagram photos of the event, I came across this small detail:
rivian-storage-cubby.png

I've seen the cup holders before, but right below it seems there's a handle for more pull-out storage that I haven't seen before.
Excited about the wireless charging pad too; my wife routinely is digging in our console for the charging cord. Expecting there will also be Sirius/XM access w/ the infotainment system.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Thanks for the great pics! Iā€™m pretty sold on the green R1S but the white looks better than I thought it would.
I agree with you the white is striking. I have not seen the green in person. This R1S is great In White.

johnking

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, R1S
For folks who are gonna be there tomorrow, plz see if you can get any information on the driver assistance features that are gonna be available at launch. Thanks.
Sponsored