San Francisco Rivian Event [Updated with impressions, info, photos]

GasGuzzler

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lexus Gx460, 2017 Maserati Granturismo, GMC Yukon XL Denali
I'm bummed I'll be out of town this weekend. Cars and beer gardens are right up my alley. Would someone mind taking and posting pics/notes for those of us who can't make it?
Sponsored

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
Ask RJ if we can expect a big shift in forum talk to our many problems as I read on the E-Tron forum versus our many wish lists for our favorite options. Yes I know I should ask him myself but I won't be able to make it. I sound very negative but just figure this is going to happen. I most definitely want all of use to get an excellent vehicle.

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Funny location. Its being held at a really small surf shop in Mill Valley (which as some know is not San Francisco, but on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge)...definitely the affluent outdoor/professional market.

Curious what this is going to look like. I can't imagine this will look like the curated events in warehouses/car shows of the other Rivian's events I have seen photos of - its basically a parking lot...maybe they'll set something up, we'll see!

Sponsored

State11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Defender D90
Funny location. Its being held at a really small surf shop in Mill Valley (which as some know is not San Francisco, but on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge)...definitely the affluent outdoor/professional market.

Curious what this is going to look like. I can't imagine this will look like the curated events in warehouses/car shows of the other Rivian's events I have seen photos of - its basically a parking lot...maybe they'll set something up, we'll see!
I just got back, it was a madhouse. They were valeting for a handful of parking spots & traffic was backed up on HWY1. I was there with my wife & kids who weren't going to be patient for me to wait in line to get a good look or photos (sorry). There were tons of Rivian people, including RJ, wandering around answering questions. It was very crowded around the vehicles. As noted above, a somewhat bizarre location, but once in there....an OK setup. It was my first time viewing them & I was hoping to make a decision between the SUV & truck today, but left even more on the fence. We've got 2 kids & 8 month old Weimaraner (who won't tolerate being in the back of a pickup. The middle seat of the 2nd row isn't exactly spacious which will push me towards the SUV, but the pickup was WAY more awesome than I was expecting. What a cool vehicle. Maybe get rid of the kids & dog and just go for the pickup (joking...kinda)? The bed of the pickup was longer and deeper than I was expecting (I'd read the thread on bedsize that must've lowered my exceptions). The frunk is also bigger than I anticipated. Overall, they both look amazing.

Sorry for no photos or a more detailed description, I was only able to stay 20 minutes.

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Just got back myself, they set it up fairly well, but yeah a little more 'rustic' than the shows I've seen before. The truck was the Blue and the SUV was white. Both looked absolutely awesome. No real new info. Lots of people and lots of excitement. One major upside of the location was free coffee paid for by Rivian at the coffeeshop next door, and the fish tacos/burritos at the restaurant next to the surf shop were superb. The valet parking was obviously a scramble as previously stated, but overall fun and great event....I'll get some photos up in a bit...

State11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Defender D90
Just got back myself, they set it up fairly well, but yeah a little more 'rustic' than the shows I've seen before. The truck was the Blue and the SUV was white. Both looked absolutely awesome. No real new info. Lots of people and lots of excitement. One major upside of the location was free coffee paid for by Rivian at the coffeeshop next door, and the fish tacos/burritos at the restaurant next to the surf shop were superb. The valet parking was obviously a scramble as previously stated, but overall fun and great event....I'll get some photos up in a bit...
I should've mentioned that we parked across Hwy 1 in the shopping center parking lot (probably not completely legal, but there was plenty of parking). I saw a few others that did the same & would recommend it for anyone attending this evening or tomorrow. Also agree on the restaurant, it looked great and had a fantastic beer selection....will try that some weekend.

Sponsored

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Here is what I found out....

1. Rivian will be supplementing charging stations (not sure where but it sounded like not just in remote adventure areas)
  2. Pricing sounded like it will depend on options picked in addition to battery size
  3. No leather upholstery options, just vegan leather, and three color options
  4. They are considering revealing where we are on the reservation list
  5. R1T will be at end of year and R1S shortly after, similar the recent article just posted by this forum
  6. Other color suggestions are being noted, they would not reveal any new colors outside of what we have seen thus far (green, RJ blue, white, silver)
  7. Test drives will be six months before production (not sure where yet)
I will be there again tomorrow if anyone wants me to ask more questions.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Rivian R1T R1S San Francisco Rivian Event [Updated with impressions, info, photos] upload_2020-1-25_18-58-26

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Rivian R1T R1S San Francisco Rivian Event [Updated with impressions, info, photos] upload_2020-1-25_19-1-20
ā€˜

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
For anyone there tomorrow, ask about pricing. Reuters & Yahoo just dropped articles saying that the base prices would now include the 300 mile (135kw) battery packs & the electrochromatic glass roof.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)