Sponsored

thebwk

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
This is a quality piece, first of all. Honestly, I bought it for the looks. It really fits with the vehicle and adds to the overall interior appeal. I have a dash mount charger, so the only person that uses this one is my wife, but admittedly this one does connect more often than the OEM, and is more predictable.

As for the install, I got it done yesterday in less than 20 minutes. Their YT video really walks you through the process well. The only issue I had was with sliding the top plate over after you get it started towards the passenger side. The issue is that there are two adhesive circles under the top plate that are designed to adhere to the charging pucks. First time around I must have inadvertently pressed down in that area too early, so when trying to slide the top plate towards the driver side it gave a ton of resistance. Once I figured that out I pulled the top plate off and tried again.

I give it a 9/10. Only improvement I would've liked is a premium liner in the granola bowl. In it's current form it looks and feels a bit cheap. But I'm sure this is something they can address at some point. But the overall look speaks for itself. Go get one!

https://s00nish.com/premium-phone-charger-for-rivian-r1t-r1s/

Thanks,
Ben
Rivian R1T R1S S00nish Premium Phone Charger Installed Review & Photos IMG_3406
Rivian R1T R1S S00nish Premium Phone Charger Installed Review & Photos IMG_3405
Rivian R1T R1S S00nish Premium Phone Charger Installed Review & Photos IMG_3403
Sponsored

TimJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6
I 100% agree. I have had my truck for 4 weeks and this charger was added on day 2. It works well and feels like it belongs there. I use it every day. Also the peeps at s00nish are great people.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Ordered one last night and agree, my wife is probably the only one who will wind up using it. But who knows. The OE one is useless with an iPhone 14 Pro, so maybe this will get used once we have something that actually works.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
how powerful is the charger? I got one of the early aftermarket R1T MagSafe chargers and I've just given up on it because it's such a weak power flow. Even sitting there for 25-30 minutes, my phone barely adds 5% charge.

OP
OP
thebwk

thebwk

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
how powerful is the charger? I got one of the early aftermarket R1T MagSafe chargers and I've just given up on it because it's such a weak power flow. Even sitting there for 25-30 minutes, my phone barely adds 5% charge.
I honestly don't use it for my phone, as I have a dash mounted quick charger. But I'll test it this weekend and let you know.

Sponsored

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Not quite as powerful as that piece you're packin'!

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

I wish s00nish or someone would make something like this that just deletes the chargers and provides some cupholders. Maybe even something that includes removal of the pull-out cupholders to make room for deeper regular cupholders. I'd buy and install...

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

I got 9.6 watts on my iPhone 14 Pro using this hardwired setup. I think you can get up to 15 watts depending on charge level and temperature - assuming perfect alignment.

Sponsored

OP
OP
thebwk

thebwk

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Great last pic!
Everyone is always interested in looking behind the curtain right? Hopefully I didn't violate any community guidelines.

s00n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S - Jeep LJ Rubicon - R1S
Only improvement I would've liked is a premium liner in the granola bowl. In it's current form it looks and feels a bit cheap. B
Deal breaker for me - looks cool, but I can't stand the look of 3D printed plastic. If they can come up with some kind of liner, I'm 100% in.

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T