Running boards / steps

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Had a First Mile test drive this AM. Must say that it was taller than expected getting in. Really think it could use some running boards or steps of some kind. Wonder who starts selling some first.
Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

As soon as the automotive aftermarketeers can get a hold of a Rivan, they will design and build every kind of running board that you can imagine.

Brian

jtshaw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP
Had a First Mile test drive this AM. Must say that it was taller than expected getting in. Really think it could use some running boards or steps of some kind. Wonder who starts selling some first.
What height was it in? The thing about electrics is running boards could have a bigger than you might expect range hit if it disrupts the aerodynamic profile.

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
What height was it in? The thing about electrics is running boards could have a bigger than you might expect range hit if it disrupts the aerodynamic profile.
Yeah. I was surprised that even driving the Rivian with the crossbars, which were designed by Rivian, had a pretty sizable impact on range. I want to say around 5% impact. I can imagine aftermarket running boards would really impact range.
Sponsored