SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We have an R1T and are in need of running boards. SuEllyn is short-legged and is have a hard time getting in and out of her new truck. She has now driven Opal (that's the R1T's name) almost 2,000 miles. She loves the truck and this is her only complaint. We have looked at all of the available running boards for the R1T and are having trouble deciding which would be the best choice for us.

We are dirt roaders but not rock climbers or anything close to that. We can deal with a slight reduction in ground clearance to achieve our goal. We have reviewed the EV Base, the 1 EV EMAX, and the Hansshow running boards.

We are looking for input from all who have any knowledge in the area.

Brian
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
We have an R1T and are in need of running boards. SuEllyn is short-legged and is have a hard time getting in and out of her new truck. She has now driven Opal (that's the R1T's name) almost 2,000 miles. She loves the truck and this is her only complaint. We have looked at all of the available running boards for the R1T and are having trouble deciding which would be the best choice for us.

We are dirt roaders but not rock climbers or anything close to that. We can deal with a slight reduction in ground clearance to achieve our goal. We have reviewed the EV Base, the 1 EV EMAX, and the Hansshow running boards.

Brian
RMAXX is the only viable option for a step worth considering right now.

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
What are issues with Hansshow? Just curious since their price is very reasonable and seems sturdy. You can get it for $439 right now

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
What are issues with Hansshow? Just curious since their price is very reasonable and seems sturdy. You can get it for $439 right now
They are much cheaper and likely have inferior grade hardware. Their instructions and customer support are terrible, and they try to threaten reviewers who have less than favorable reviews. They also have a bracket design that will negatively impact clearance, especially when compared to the top brands listed above. The old addage "you get what you pay for" rings true in this instance.

Sponsored

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
They are much cheaper and likely have inferior grade hardware. Their instructions and customer support are terrible, and they try to threaten reviewers who have less than favorable reviews. They also have a bracket design that will negatively impact clearance, especially when compared to the top brands listed above. The old addage "you get what you pay for" rings true in this instance.
thanks, that information helps. I had no idea. It did look a bit cheap looking but they claimed like 400kg weight support? In any case I guess I will steer clear of them

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

RMaxx Running Boards are great. Much easier getting into the truck and out. No more sliding out of the seats. They are kinda easy to install if you don't plan to modify the plastic underbody covers. I chose to modify mine using the templates, it was quite a bit of work and a lot of time spent on my back.
Rivian R1T R1S Running Boards for the R1T? 20230817_135255179_iOS

Sivaps

First Name
SIVA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RivianR1T
Occupation
doctor and business
Clubs

Brian
I bought EV sportline running board for R1T, but dont plan to install it. I can sell it for lower price than what I bought it for.

Deacon

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

RMaxx Running Boards are great. Much easier getting into the truck and out. No more sliding out of the seats. They are kinda easy to install if you don't plan to modify the plastic underbody covers. I chose to modify mine using the templates, it was quite a bit of work and a lot of time spent on my back.
20230817_135255179_iOS.jpg
Where did you get the yellow trim?

Sponsored

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340, Tesla M3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

I bought EV sportline running board for R1T, but dont plan to install it. I can sell it for lower price than what I bought it for.
Sending dm