Rumor: Rivian buying ABRP

dfx

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 LandCruiser, 2015 Model S 70D
Rivian is worse than that, at this point. $30k+ loss in value in a year. That's just MSRP vs what they're actually selling for used now. That isn't considering the "inflated" flips that happened soon after deliveries began.
Wait, you're telling me that I can buy a used R1T for around $45k? Where? We'd be very interested in getting one at that price. I had no idea that the pricing was like that
Sponsored

Reactions: VSG

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Wait, you're telling me that I can buy a used R1T for around $45k? Where? We'd be very interested in getting one at that price. I had no idea that the pricing was like that
Yeah, I'm not sure how the math checks out on that one.

Pre-March price increase versus todays used price is close to a wash, and a gain if including the $7500 tax credit.

Post-March price increase versus todays used price is likely around a $10K-$15K drop.

Post-March price increase versus a trade in value might be around $20K if a lot of miles were added.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
So for anyone who doesn't already know. You can build a route in ABRP share to google maps then share to the Rivian. I love this feature.
So how do you share the map to the Rivian? I do nto care about the ABRP part.

dfx

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, I'm not sure how the math checks out on that one.

Pre-March price increase versus todays used price is close to a wash, and a gain if including the $7500 tax credit.

Post-March price increase versus todays used price is likely around a $10K-$15K drop.

Post-March price increase versus a trade in value might be around $20K if a lot of miles were added.
Yeah, I guess if someone did pay the $87k, drove it 15k miles and traded it in they'd be out $20k but that's probably the case for 90pct of all new vehicles with a msrp over $85k

Reactions: VSG

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

Rivian is worse than that, at this point. $30k+ loss in value in a year. That's just MSRP vs what they're actually selling for used now. That isn't considering the "inflated" flips that happened soon after deliveries began.
This is true. I know last year we were about to sell our Rav4 Prime and we were going to get $5k more than we paid for it....then the market for used cars got flooded.

We aren't planning on selling the R1T anytime soon. Like I was saying, my wife never felt 100% safe with the XC40 Recharge...and when I safe I don't mean that the car was cheaply made....it was more the reliability.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I think like most things people exaggerate trying to make a point. If you look at Cars and Bids or Bring a Trailer sites you are still see the cheapest R1TS in the 70s.

I suppose if you bought one for 105k and sold it for 75k you could make a case it is a 30k loss.

If you configure a quad motor large pack on Rivian today it is 87k, might lose 15k if you sold it but probably would still bring close to 80k with low miles.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

So how do you share the map to the Rivian? I do nto care about the ABRP part.
Through Google maps, just search something, and click share, it will list people and apps, and you can select rivian. It will then be ready to go when you get inside.

Rivian R1T R1S Rumor: Rivian buying ABRP Screenshot_20230601_160645_Maps

Rivian R1T R1S Rumor: Rivian buying ABRP Screenshot_20230601_160750_Maps

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Through Google maps, just search something, and click share, it will list people and apps, and you can select rivian. It will then be ready to go when you get inside.

Screenshot_20230601_160645_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20230601_160750_Maps.jpg
You don’t want me calling your friends?🤷🏼‍♂️

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
The feature where you can send a point from Google Maps to your Rivian is awesome. I only wish I could share from every app, not just Google Maps. Software 2023.18.0 now allows you to share from Yelp as well, which is an improvement, but I really don't see any reason why I shouldn't be able to share co-ordinates and routes from EVERY application that can supply co-ordinates and routes.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

You don’t want me calling your friends?🤷🏼‍♂️
Hahaha there was a moment where I wasn't going to edit them, but figured the thread would be overrun by the "How dare you post a license plate" side of the group.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Hahaha there was a moment where I wasn't going to edit them, but figured the thread would be overrun by the "How dare you post a license plate" side of the group.
They are very feisty. You did the right thing.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
My config is in the $90’s MSRP. Can’t get more than low 60’s in resale. $30k loss.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

My config is in the $90’s MSRP. Can’t get more than low 60’s in resale. $30k loss.
Where did you get the low $60s estimate from? That seems very low for a vehicle around a year old and I assume reasonable condition and mileage. You also didn’t buy it for $90k did you as you had pre March pricing?

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Can’t get more than low 60’s in resale.
I don't know what you've done to yours, but my 9 month old R1T has a retail value of approximately the same as I paid. Which is exceptional and unheard of in my experience.

dfx

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It sounds like you have the most expensively configured R1T and you're getting a resale value from the auction market. In high end vehicles I'd imagine the auction market is often $10k below party to party pricing. I'd like to see a database for the used R1T sales prices over the last 8 weeks. I think with a little time and work you could definitely get it sold in the low 70's versus what you're seeing now
Sponsored